News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

WTB: Steamer side stand

Started by DesertDog, June 13, 2008, 03:54:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DesertDog

OK, I bent mine and now looking for a replacement.  

Anybody with one that they would want to part with??

thanks
tt

Mustang

you will just bend another one if you are using hard luggage . the position of the side stand leaves itself holding a lot of weight with sidebags that are full ........take your stand and heat it (mapp gas works with a regular blow torch head ) ,bend it back out straight , well not really straight but back to stock bend , or whereever you want the old girl to be when on the stand .
Now take the stand and either weld some gussets on each side of it or take it to a shop that can weld  them on for you . and the problem will be solved forever .
The gussets don't have to be anything more than a couple of pcs. of 1/4 inch steel rod welded down each side of the kickstand .

DesertDog

So you think I will bend another, you are so right.  :D  Tried the heat but only from a propane torch and it was not enough.  OK, I need to break out the big guns, bend it and beef it up.

thanks,  Mustang you are the king

dogboy