News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Hello from a defector

Started by dazco, July 18, 2008, 01:06:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dazco

Hiya, just thought id say hello to you all.
Ill be picking my 955 tiger up early next week so thought id get in and have a look round.
Im moving over to tiger after having an 1100GS(the best one they made) for the last 4 years.
Anyroad up. HELLO  :D
There is a fine line between genius and insanity, ive just crosed it.

HockleyBoy

Welcome Dazco, you have made a good choice.

There's a lot of useful info for a new Tiger owner and some pretty knowledgeable people if you have any questions.

Enjoy the bike.  :D
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

dazco

Hiya Hockley.
im gonna need to do a service fairly soon, what are the best companys etc in the uk for parts and accesories for for the 955i?
Are there any that deal specifically with Triumph?
Thanks and sorry if im a pain  :?

Stretch

Howdy, and welcome aboard.

HockleyBoy

For servicing I have been using Triumph dealers (Laguna & Triumph Ongar) both of whom have given me good service but like most main dealers they are not cheap. The 12k service was about £400! but from reading this site you will see that you can do most work yourself if you are a fairly competent mechanic and have the time.
 I you don't have the time (like me) then see what you can find out about your local Triumph shop.

As for accessories I mostly buy from ebay, or www.triumph-online.co.uk who are pretty reasonable. I bought a taller screen from Skidmark recently which improved things a bit.

Have a good look on this site before buying accessories as it is a great place to find out if something works before parting with the hard earned £s.
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

dazco

Thanks for the link, ill be doing all the work myself, i like getting covered in oil and crud.
Ill miss the 1100 :cry:  but time for a change  :D

HockleyBoy

Haven't owned a BMW myself but there are a number of people on this site who have and they seem to love their Tigers as much if not more so hopefully you won't miss the BM too much once you get going on the Tiger.

Mudhen

Welcome aboard!

Congrats on the new bike.  Once you get it we'll expect to see some pics!

Pat
\'96 Steamer

dazco

Picking it up Sunday morning so ill get some pics on my first ride and get em posted

aeronca

congrats on the new bike. happy riding :D
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

blacktiger

Quote from: "dazco"Thanks for the link, ill be doing all the work myself, i like getting covered in oil and crud.
Ill miss the 1100 :cry:  but time for a change  :D

Welcome dazco.
I did a 48K service myself over winter and found that there wasn't anything too difficult.
2 tips :-
a) shims are on top of the buckets and you can take the cam caps off to get them out without the need of the (very) special tool.
b) go back to BMW for your fuel filter. It's a "Mahle KL145" as used on your old 1100. It's half the price at BMW.

P.S. I think "a" still applies to the 06 model Tiger. It's got a different cylinder head to the other years......I think.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

TigerTrax

The '06  Tiger has the 1050 heads.....
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

Mustang

It has the 1050 head but not the cams nor the shim under buckets they are still shim over bucket on the valves . a true 1050 head is shim under bucket design on the valves .

Mudhen

Quote from: "Mustang"It has the 1050 head but not the cams nor the shim under buckets they are still shim over bucket on the valves . a true 1050 head is shim under bucket design on the valves .

Ok, I've got to ask...how the heck do you know that???

You should go on Tiger Jeopardy or something... :lol:
\'96 Steamer

Mustang

Quote from: "Mudhen"
Quote from: "Mustang"It has the 1050 head but not the cams nor the shim under buckets they are still shim over bucket on the valves . a true 1050 head is shim under bucket design on the valves .

Ok, I've got to ask...how the heck do you know that???

You should go on Tiger Jeopardy or something... :lol:
I'm a mech -canny - neck  :ImaPoser