News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

HEADLIGHT RELAYS

Started by diggerT, July 22, 2008, 06:19:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diggerT

I bought a pair of relays to have both lights on dip.
Under the cowling is a top relay which seems to control the lights, a centre one which is indicators and an empty lower one.
I have tried various combinations but can't a result
Anyone know how they go?

Many thanks

DiggerT

alf885

I bought two relays from Squaredeals and I plugged them in the vacant sockets, if I remember correctly top and bottom leaving the two existing ones in the centre pair of sockets. No problems. alf

HockleyBoy

Quote from: "alf885"I bought two relays from Squaredeals and I plugged them in the vacant sockets, if I remember correctly top and bottom leaving the two existing ones in the centre pair of sockets. No problems. alf

Same for me
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

HockleyBoy

05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

diggerT

I will have another look but I only remember 3 sockets of which 2 were already used??
I will double check this, thanks for responses

DiggerT

diggerT

AH, found the other relay slot!!
What a difference to night riding, I can actually see where I am going instead of hoping....great mod, why don't they put them on at the factory?

outrunner

Quote from: "diggerT"great mod, why don't they put them on at the factory?

Because, if you look at the headlamp lenses you will see that one is for dip and the other for main beam. When you have both lights working together one is not properly dipped, all to do with lens design. Having both lights working together is technically an MOT failure although I don't know of any that have failed for this reason.

But, as you say it is a great modification and one which I also did soon after getting my Tiger................technicality, who cares?  :D
Every day above ground is a good day!

Bixxer Bob

On the subject of lights,  my Blackbird is a 180 mph bike with 30 mph headlights.  Until, that is,  I fitted HID bulbs using a kit from Ebay from China.  

Wow!! Now I have lights to match the bike, the main beam is a retina-burning searchlight,  cars can't wait to pull over outa my way.  Doesn't fail MOTs either, but haven't got round to doing the Tiger yet.  Will do before this winter klicks in tho' as I'll be using it to commute to work.

Only drawback is they take 2 or 3 seconds to reach full brightness from cold, so flashing is about useless.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

blacktiger

Quote from: "diggerT"AH, found the other relay slot!!
What a difference to night riding, I can actually see where I am going instead of hoping....great mod, why don't they put them on at the factory?

Another great mod is replacing the bulbs for some "Ultra Xenon" types. They claim "up to 60% more light" and I can confirm that the "Ring Ultra Xenon" do indeed do that. Not cheap at £20/pair but worth it.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "blacktiger"
Quote from: "diggerT"AH, found the other relay slot!!

Another great mod is replacing the bulbs for some "Ultra Xenon" types. They claim "up to 60% more light" and I can confirm that the "Ring Ultra Xenon" do indeed do that. Not cheap at £20/pair but worth it.

What's the wattage BT?  The HIDs, although expensive, are only 35watt, so put less load on the wiring, not more.  If the UX are standard wattage, I might give them a try.  Not that I'm a tight wad or anything....
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...