News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Hello from New Zealand

Started by Kiwi Tiger, July 24, 2008, 02:28:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiwi Tiger

I'm new to this forum and thought I would introduce myself after lurking for several months.

I'm on the up side of 50 and 9 months ago bought a 06 silver Tiger which as I understand is the Brit Spec bike with the spedo in miles.  I bought it for the riding position as it's compatible with my body that every now and again lets me know I'm not 18 anymore.  The mind is willing alas the body is a few steps behind now and again.   I have 7500 miles up on this bike and as I ride it I am more and more impressed with it.  I have cut the screen down to a curve above the cockpit after trying several screens with no noticeable improvement.   Fitted a center stand, and heated grips, road tyres,  and a Scott- oiler.  I have owned and ridden a few bikes for the last 37 years and enjoying this Silver Tiger very much.
Silver 2006 955i Tiger

Mustang

Welcome Home
this is the greatest motorcycle ever made no matter what version of it you have  !
 You will find Big G did a windshield mod that worked very well to his liking . do a search for his posts and it will come up .

HappyMan

Great to have you aboard!!  I love my Silver 06 and continue to find more and more reasons to love it.  I look forward to hearing more from you.

Happy riding!
Life is hard.  It\'s even harder if you\'re stupid. - John Wayne

Life\'s too short......Let\'s ride! - HappyMan

http://ridedualsport.com

HockleyBoy

Welcome aboard, you have made a great choice with the bike.
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

aeronca

sounds like a nice bike, enjoy the ride and welcome aboard.      eric
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Stretch

Silverstripes

Welcome

You have made 2 right choices:

1. Buying a Tiger

2. Buying the best color (Silver)

tsnyder21

Welcome aboard!  North or South Island?
Sometimes I will, then again I think I won\'t.

TigerTrax

Hey Kiwi...
Welcome aboard.... I think we've talked on another board ??

TigerTrax
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

Kiwi Tiger

Thanks for the welcome guys.

Mustang.  Thanks for the tip on the screen and I do think this bike is up there with some of the best for sure.

Silverstripes.  I guess I just got lucky with this one.  I may just ride this until I progress back to a trike like when I was 3 years old, ha ha.  That way I can ride until I ride off into the sunset for the last time.

Tsnyder.  WanganuI  North Island, N.Z.

Tigertrax.  Yup.  Speedy Kiwi for my  Speedmaster ( sold as it was fun to ride but it wrecked my back) and Kiwi Tiger.  

Stretch.  You genius.  I read your advice and how to's etc.  Thanks very much.
Silver 2006 955i Tiger

oldrider

Hello Kiwi Tiger, we have a blue 06 (British spec) Tiger and live in the middle of the South Island. (Great Tiger territory)

After more than half a century riding bikes Mrs oldrider and I think the Tiger is the most comfortable bike we have owned.

Welcome to TigerTriple.com. Cheers John.
Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

Kiwi Tiger

Mrs Kiwi Tiger will agree with yours Oldrider.
She also says it is really comfortable.
I was down your way after  the Reefton rally last year.
We had great riding with clear skys  most of the time.
2010 were coming for 2 weeks for the Sth rally ( T.O.M.C.C.) and  hope to explore around the Catlins and come back up criss- crossing the passes.
Overnighting at the Blackball and Makaroa are all ready on the list.
Silver 2006 955i Tiger

blacktiger

Welcome to the forum kiwi Tiger.

You might try to get hold of the "sports screen" for yours. I've found it to work better than any other screen I've tried (quite a few) it looks great and works great.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

pit0rz

I haven't tried a sport screen but my hacksaw seemed to do the trick on the stock screen!  :shock:
Steve P.
'03 Tiger - Luci

tsnyder21

Quote from: Kiwi TigerOvernighting at the Blackball /quote]

Not to be missed!
Sometimes I will, then again I think I won\'t.