News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Steamer cans

Started by Hooligan, July 29, 2008, 11:48:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hooligan

Hi,

Does any one perhaps know what are out there for cans for a 96 Steamer?
Been looking around, at some stage there was a few products but no one seems to be selling these any more?

Cheers
96 Steamer
07 KTM 950R SE
05 KTM 450 EXC
06 KTM 85 SX
09 KTM 105 SX

Mustang

D & D used to have cans forsteamers , but they don't show them on their website any more !

Why do you want cans anyway they won't give a steamer any more power they just make a lot of noise  :shock:

The key to more power is better setup of the carbs and airbox .

Hooligan

......its more a sound thing.....I also believe they are lighter....
96 Steamer
07 KTM 950R SE
05 KTM 450 EXC
06 KTM 85 SX
09 KTM 105 SX

DesertDog

I have Statune (sp) cans on my 97 and they sound awesome and are alot lighter than the stock cans.  Don't know if they make them anymore.

JetdocX

I like the turbo-diesel sound of my stock cans.  I wish they were lighter, though.
From parts unknown.

BR

My Steamer is currently fitted with the no-longer-available Yoshimura Carbon Fiber cans. The all aluminum cans are more common and I've never seen another set of the CFs anywhere.  I can thank the prev owner for coughing up the bucks for these things.  They make a nice rumble and the noise isn't bad if I keep the revs down but it does get tiresome after a good stretch on the freeway.  I've got the OEM cans as well and the Yosh CF units are each about 5 lbs lighter if I recall correctly.
About the only ones I've seen on ebay are the D&D cans which are not only expensive but almost universally regarded as *very* loud.

Brendan
'98 BRG Tiger

andnew

I've got a set of D&D cans, I hear they are very loud. I've never installed them, they came as spares with my 96. I do ride off-road, so I leave the stock cans on to keep the park rangers and hikers happy.

If you want them, I'll make you a screaming deal.  :D
Andy
Enumclaw, WA
1996 Blue Steamer
2003 Black BMW K1200RSA (Dread Zeppelin)
Certified, (certifiable) Bike tech in my past life.

andnew

I've got a set of D&D cans, I hear they are very loud. I've never installed them, they came as spares with my 96. I do ride off-road, so I leave the stock cans on to keep the park rangers and hikers happy.

Andy
Enumclaw, WA
1996 Blue Steamer
2003 Black BMW K1200RSA (Dread Zeppelin)
Certified, (certifiable) Bike tech in my past life.

armadillo76

I wish I had been able to find a set of the Staintunes. Not that there is anything wrond with my stock ones (yet) but just to have replacements and that the Staintunes (or any aftermarket) should be lighter than stock. Oh well.
I wonder if Supertrapp makes something that would work easily?
AndyB, NH.

Dr. Mordo

Quote from: "andnew"I've got a set of D&D cans, I hear they are very loud. I've never installed them, they came as spares with my 96. I do ride off-road, so I leave the stock cans on to keep the park rangers and hikers happy.

The D&D cans came on my Steamer when I bought it, and they are certainly loud.  Loud enough that my cool neighbor from across the street asked me to stop running the bike (at idle if memory serves) at 10 PM because it would wake up his sleeping wife.

They do sound very tough, however.  'Throaty' is the word I would use.  I rode past my Goldwing-riding squadron commander yesterday and he smiled when I revved it a bit (which I did because I didn't want it to die and it wasn't warmed up yet).

That said, I was behind a dude on a Harley today who put my noise to shame.
1999 BMW F650

1996 Tiger

Hooligan

I would love to hear the D&D's on a Steamer....I looked around but could not find anything on You Tube.....maybe some one here wants to entertain the rest of us....??? :D  :D  :D
Cheers
96 Steamer
07 KTM 950R SE
05 KTM 450 EXC
06 KTM 85 SX
09 KTM 105 SX

Dr. Mordo

I'll try to remember to shoot a clip tomorrow - I don't want to wake up my neighbors.
1999 BMW F650

1996 Tiger

1speed

Quote from: "andnew"I've got a set of D&D cans, I hear they are very loud. I've never installed them, they came as spares with my 96. I do ride off-road, so I leave the stock cans on to keep the park rangers and hikers happy.

Do you happen to still have these? If so I'm interested.
Jim
97 Tiger

Dr. Mordo

I will add that I have really grown to like my D&Ds.  Almost to the point of wanting to put one on my F650.
1999 BMW F650

1996 Tiger

abruzzi

I'd really love to find an aftermarket set for my bike. Unfortunately it's lower priority than some other projects.

Geof