News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

What Tools do you carry for your Girly

Started by raindog, July 30, 2008, 10:27:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raindog

Sooooo The other night I got to taking off the Gas tank and such to replace a radiator cap that had gone bad..and decided to take a peek in the ol tool bag that came with the bike..and basically it had three useless tools in it. The PO had obviously no need to take the bike far from home.

so I ask what tools are you carying with you..seems like the fasteners jump back and forth between hex and torx and looks like I might need both metric and English Standard on the sockets..also my first bike with tubed tires..so I'm gonna need a few more bits in case of a flat i guess.

so anyone want to share what is in their on bike tool kit so I can get sorted out before my next ride.
01 Tiger

Cos

JetdocX's number  :lol:   :lol:   :lol:

So, you keeping her?

raindog

Quote from: "Cos"JetdocX's number  :lol:   :lol:   :lol:

So, you keeping her?

working on it
01 Tiger

Cos

That'd be cool.

I'll come pick you up and we can go tweak those BMW-riding-no-good-miscreants Knary and GDOg. I'm due for a ride up there before i flee...i mean, leave the country.

raindog

Quote from: "Cos"That'd be cool.

I'll come pick you up and we can go tweak those BMW-riding-no-good-miscreants Knary and GDOg. I'm due for a ride up there before i flee...i mean, leave the country.
that sounds good..whatta bout wetfest..ya comin. I'm heading to Ideeho this weekend..Sasquatch is going to do a laying on of hands on the bike.
Just put stretch's high mount fender and new pair of TKC's
01 Tiger

katoomon

Hey Mr. Constantine,
Stick to the subject... :mrgreen:

I carry the useless factory tool kit.

and...

T-40 torx 3/8 drive
T-55 torx 3/8 drive
4-5-6mm Y-allen (bicycle shop)
8-9-10mm Y-wrench (bicycle shop)
12-13mm open end
27mm socket and small 3/8 ratchet
crescent wrench
Vise grips
hose repair kit
extra hose clamps
zip ties
knife
flashlight
20 feet of 1/2" tubular webbing as a tow strap
Tire plugs and glue (in your situation: a 19" tube will fit front or rear and some burly tire irons/bead breaker, or roadside assistance on your ins policy)
Cheapo 12V compressor from the Slime people
Decent screwdriver and bits
JB weld putty
Duct tape (wrapped around putty tube)
safety/bailing wire (wrapped around putty tube)
All wrapped in a shop rag and stuffed into a travel can in the right hardbag

A plated Honda Z-50 in the other hard bag (well, roadside assistance on my ins policy anyway; 6 bucks a year for this tow and/or response coverage)

Oh yeah, and a bottle of Phil's tenaceous oil (chain oil) under the seat.
05 Tiger, 04 KTM 625 SXC, 19 Beta 390

raindog

that's good stuff! Thanks Katoomon
01 Tiger

Cos

Quote from: "katoomon"Hey Mr. Constantine,
Stick to the subject... :mrgreen:

Ya, like that's ever going to happen.

You gonna be at PJ's tonight?