News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Events before sprag failure?

Started by harre, August 03, 2008, 06:26:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DesertDog

Different story but same result.  Lost the sprag this last weekend.  The poor 97 Tiger is sidelined till repairs.

Spoke to the dealer and they wanted to know which Starter idler gear I had, 13 or 15 tooth.  They could not determine it by the VIN.  Does the difference have to do at all with early failures and the other is the replacement?

Going to start the process of getting the motor out of the bke and on the bench.  I think I have to split it to get to the started idler gear to count the teeth.  

Plan on ordering the seals and gaskets and Sprag.  Is there anything else that should be measured to determine wear and replacement?  

This should be interesting!!  Dr. Mordo and Mustang might be hearing from me once I have gotten dead ended and need a tip or two to get out.

have a great 4th weekend!!

tom