News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Keeping Up???

Started by JetdocX, August 04, 2008, 04:53:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JetdocX

I spent the day riding among the Sierra Sportbike Assn.  Had a blast!  One young pup in a leather suit remarked that I was keeping up quite well with that thing. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:   Might have been that I was #4 of a 20 bike group and I was practically riding up his ass in the twisties on Highway 49 in CA.  I thought about passing their asses, but a cop suddenly showed up on my rear view and I had to back off.  So, FWIW:

A Steamer will keep up with competent sport bikes ridden well by guys who frequent track days and wear leather suits.  

Just so ya know.....

Now get out there and pass a few squids!

That is all.... :lol:
From parts unknown.

JetdocX

Oh, and a great bunch of guys, too.  They showed me a killer swimming hole near Nevada City! :D   Then bought me lunch. :D  :D  :D
From parts unknown.

Cos

So much for Mr "i don't like riding in groups."

JetdocX

That's the thing.  When all 14 of us were in formation in the left lane on 80 I was all tensed up and worried about maintaining my position relative to the others.    :evil:

Once we got into the twisties...most of the other riders fell behind and I was following the three front-runners which is fun. :lol:

But there was a KLR in front of me for a few miles. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
From parts unknown.

Cos

Well, at least now you know that spending 10k on suspension work wasn't a total waste of money.

cascadetiger

I went toe to toe with an 07 VFR800 Interceptor on the North Cascades Hwy a few weekends ago.  For about 15 miles of 30 mph to 80 mph sweepers I chased the VFR on my humble Steamer.  I was able to keep him in sight and catch up in traffic.  I had the old Tiger leaned way over.  It was a blast.  Its not a bad sport bike.

Kiwi Tiger

You may find the guy on the vfr was just cruzing, and you were , well, having a great ride.  Dont get me wrong I love my Tiger 955i.

We have a bit of road called Parapara Highway near my home.  It takes about 50 min from start to finish.  Parapara means valley of a thousand hills.  Corners of all descriptions with short flat out sections.  Bleeding tar when its hot.  Stock on the road usually.  Patches of gravel on the tar seal in places and the odd road works where a slip has happened.  This is a road not to be trifled with and can be very testing to novice riders.

When I ride with some local guys who can ride very well on their modern sports bikes I simply let them go.
Silver 2006 955i Tiger