News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Gas smell, crankcase over full

Started by navajo oshley, August 05, 2008, 08:29:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

navajo oshley

I just got my 04 Tiger back from the dealer after they did the 12,000 mile service on it.
Everytime I rode the bike and shut it off I could smell gas, but could not see a leak.  Put about 130 miles on it and pulled the dipstick and found the crankcase to be over filled.  Maybe gas in the crankcase.
Any ideas what could have gone wrong or what the dealer may have done while doing the 12k service.

Stretch

The gasoline smell may be a result of the shop cracking one of the plastic fuel fittings when they removed / replaced the tank.  http://tigertriple.com/forum/index.php/topic,4805

All-metal replacements can be had from Team Triumph... www.rideteamtriumph.com/tiger.htm

It is most likely unrelated to the overfilled crankcase.  They probably were probably just in a hurry and put a bit too much oil in it.