News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

UK Owners

Started by Chris Canning, August 26, 2008, 10:31:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Canning

Haveing had the delightfull experience of haveing one of my female fuel connectors shear off,just outside Dover getting ready to catch the ferry and dump a full tank of fuel over a nice red hot engine,although i did my Sherlock Holmes bit last year,traced the American manafacturer,then the UK agent,as i'd put new original ones in,just  sat on my hands and done nothing finally made the phone call last week.

TomParker 01256 330033

Part Number LCD100040V

They were 12 quid each but by the time you've added vat and P+P came to £34 for the pair and came the following day.

If you've got a Tiger more than a few years old,change e'm,it's not an experience i want to go through again,as luck would have it,we rushed the 250 miles home in a hire car,grabbed the other bike,back to Dover and carried on with our holiday,to change the connector at home,it's a couple of hours,but out on the road a real horror.

The Kurgan

Good advice!

I heeded the call of others and installed the metal connectors. Peace of mind.

BTW, taking the tank off is a piece of cake now. Practice makes perfect  :!:
[size=84]2005 Triumph Tiger 955i (BRG)
-- TOR Can & Tune
-- Dynojet O2 Sensor Bypass
-- Factory Gel Seat, Luggage & Liners
-- Bestem Topbox
-- Bagster Tank bag & Cover
-- R&G Crash Protectors
-- 55w Fog Lights[/size]

Chris Canning

Well have fitted them today,it's a tight fit thread wise as they are chrome plated,and certainley not able to screw them in as far as the plastic originals,but it's a nice thought thinking there's no chance of haveing a repeat of last year.

outrunner

I take it you are talking about the fittings on the pipe from the tank to the injector rail? I looked at my bike and all seems OK but if it's a problem then perhaps I will order a couple as I will be doing a 24000 mile service soon.

Andy.
Every day above ground is a good day!

Chris Canning

The male parts were replaced on a Triumph recall years ago they are aluminium,the female connectors that are screwed into the tank have a habit of shearing off,leaving the thread in the tank,in comforts of your own garage no big deal to dig out,assuming the bike has not gone bang when the fuel from the tank runs out all over a red hot motor,getting it repaired asap on the side of the road is all but impossible as i found out to my cost.

V.DUBBER

I took mine in only a couple of months ago for them to be replaced free under Triumphs recall program. Check to see if yours have been done, if not book it in. You can check to see if your bikes got any outstanding recalls by going on the Triumph web site.

Chris Canning

blacktiger

Quote from: "V.DUBBER"I took mine in only a couple of months ago for them to be replaced free under Triumphs recall program. Check to see if yours have been done, if not book it in. You can check to see if your bikes got any outstanding recalls by going on the Triumph web site.

Are you now telling us that Triumph issued a recall on the FEMALE part? Cos I haven't heard of that before. Only the MALE part on the pipe end.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

V.DUBBER

No, sorry im missleading you, it was the fittings on the hoses.