News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

HELP !!! Stator install question

Started by superhauck, September 10, 2008, 12:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iansoady

In that case it probably is the overflow - but I would trace it back to the expansion tank to make sure.
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

NortonCharlie

I believe the small hose connects to the hose barb on the fuel pressure regulator. Left side of tank
01 Dew Green 955i Tiger

02 Sprint RS

74 Norton 850 Commando

superhauck

I've learned a valuable lesson with drawing things out prior to disassembly!!!  So the two small hoses which connect to the left side of the tank (nipple fitting), does the other end connect to anything or are those drainage/overflow as well?

Man, for being so easy I've managed to make this so difficult.  If anyone has a link to the proper left and right fittings to the tank, I'd be much obliged!  I'll take you to the premiere stripper club in Tampa if you're ever in town!!!

iansoady

One is a breather, the other is overflow from the filler neck. I believe that some bikes have a one-way valve in the breather so if the bike goes down it doesn't leak but mine doesn't so it doesn't matter which way round they go.
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

Bixxer Bob

Glad you seem to have gotten the tank off ok, and worked on your wire problem. Did you get everything back together and fired up ok?

Pity I didn't think to remind you to label everything as you disconnected them.  I always do until I'm fully familiar with where everything goes, otherwise you end up having the sort of 'mare you've had.

On the plus side,  next time you need to be under the tank you'll be confident,  and you'll know where everything goes. :wink:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

superhauck

Well I'm in the midst of preparing for another stint in the Middle East, though this time only a month...so I haven't gotten her fully back in shape yet.  

Basically, I removed 18" of wire harness connecting between the Stator and the R/R ... and removed the same for the R/R (Sasquatch's mod).  I'm now left with the following:
- two narrow hoses which connect to the left side of the under-part of the tank (parallel nipple connectors) which don't seem to have another connection on the other end.
- One wider hose from the triple tree, down the right side and potentially a drainage/overflow hose
- one narrow hose which comes from the same general area but comes across the airbox and connects to another solo nipple connector

Aside from finding homes for the hoses, and the time to spend ensuring everything is right and proper,  I'm ready to start it up and pray that she runs without exploding!

Bixxer Bob

As Iansoady said on the previous page,  the two on the left side are just drain and vent.  Blow down them both, if neither is blocked, it doesn't matter which way round they go.  If one appears to be blocked, that's the one with the one-way valve and should be connected to the tank vent.  Don't know which is the vent?  Neither do I!!!  But if you hook up the unblocked tube to one tank connector and then blow down it.  If it blows out of the drain under the fuel filler cap it's hooked up right.  If it's hard to blow down thats the vent and it's hooked up wrong, so swap it over.

Hope that helps.  I haven't worked out what the pipes on the right are that you are talking about yet.  I looked in my book but it doesn't help.  I'll look at my bike first chance I get....
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...