News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Scandal! Is my Tigger part Austrian?

Started by Advwannabe, October 17, 2008, 03:36:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Advwannabe

So I'm replacing the exhaust rings in the header pipe last night, because I had to dislodge the exhaust to change the shock. The only way Murphy was going to let those pipes go back together without leaking would be if there were a ready supply of them down at my friendly Triumph dealer. Ha! My dealer is a nice guy though and threw in an extra ring for nothing.

Of course to unbolt the exhaust the radiator and oil cooler have to be moved out of the way. While I was doing the job I noticed this under the radiator:

What gives? Does this mean there is a KTM model somewhere that runs the same radiator as Tigger ( could come in handy)? Or do the Orange guys make radiators for lots of people? This is a bit of a concern to me because the one achilles heel all my KTM racebikes had was the cooling system! Anyway maybe someone in the forum knows what's going on?....
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180

JetdocX

Seen the Honda part number on your charcoal canister yet? :lol:

Why re-invent the wheel?
From parts unknown.

TigerTrax

Strange.....
I've been waiting for Triumph to re-invent the wheel!
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

Mustang

Quote from: "TigerTrax"Strange.....
I've been waiting for Triumph to re-invent the wheel!
They did .....it's just not working out to well  :ImaPoser

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "JetdocX"Seen the Honda part number on your charcoal canister yet? :lol:

Why re-invent the wheel?

Errrr, sorry,  what charcoal cannister????  :oops:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Mustang

US California models have em , even the 95 steamers had them if they were a California model the rest of the US ones didn't have em .

Bixxer Bob

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Stretch

Whew!  I thought I'd missed something as well.

"Dang, I've had my bike in a million pieces and have been knee-deep in it from one end to the other.  Where the hell is that carbon canister?"