News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

2008 Rugby League World Cup

Started by Kiwi Tiger, November 24, 2008, 07:19:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiwi Tiger

The Rugby League World cup was played the other day.  New Zealand won the game 34 to 20 beating the Australian Kangaroos'.

An Australian won man of the match, go figure that.

Now many of the team and team officials are bagging everybody except themselves for losing.

Now I admit I don't watch very much League but from what I saw the Kangaroos' weren't up to it on the day and they lost, badly.

Fair suck of the sav Bluey, why don't you just suck it up and say something like, good game Kiwis, see you next year.  What im seeing in the media is pathetic.
Silver 2006 955i Tiger

tcbezza

Now I am a Rugby Union man myself and an England supporter first as that is where I live. Wales has to be a close second as my favourite team and country.

So having watched the last two England internationals I will have to watch the country try to pull the team to pieces for two bad results.

Then I watched the Wales New Zealand game on Saturday following speculation that Wales may come up with a response to the Haka and the games had a lot of promise. That made an amazing spectacle, Wales stood their ground in front of NZ for so long staring them down that the referee had to intervene to get the teams to start the game. That sort of spectacle makes the game of Rugby Union one of the best going.

Almost worth not riding the Tiger for the day  :oops:
Trevor

800 Tiger Road
79 Guzzi V50
72 BSA A65
56 BSA B33

Stretch

My Oldest Friend (he turns 100 in February) :mrgreen: is a British ex-pat who has lived here since the early 60's.

Sometimes he invites me over to watch xxxxx  football, eh soccer... ahhh screw it.  He's from Manchester, so we both pull for Manchester United when one of their matches is on.

Come on you Reds!

John Stenhouse

But stretch that's football, a game played by thugs and watched by hooligans.
Rugby is played by men with odd shaped balls :lol:
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Stretch

Well, fuck me.  You're right.

I'd better stick to baseball.

Bloody yanks.   :roll:

Kiwi Tiger

Hey John make that odd shaped leather balls.

Ahem Stretch  - arrrrm - yeah - whats baseball?

and tcbeeza I think it was great to see Wales have a strong response to the All Black Haka, the Kiwi input may have a bit to do with that but good on them.

My only remorse that I never made it to Arms Park to see a Rugby International, however the new stadium seems to be a great venue.  

Back to the Rugby league.  It seems that a moment in history is upon us, not once but twice. 1st the Kiwis hold the Rugby League World Cup and 2nd it must be a hard pill to get down as the Aussie crew remain silent to this day!
Silver 2006 955i Tiger

JetdocX

I think it's really cool to have a rugby discussion on the Tiger board.  Sorry, I am ill equipped to participate.  My balls are made of symetrically spherical leather. :lol:
From parts unknown.