News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Rain-Off Overgloves

Started by Stretch, January 05, 2009, 08:38:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stretch

Just got mine in the mail today.  I mainly got these to wear over my FirstGear mesh gloves when it's raining but not butt-numbing cold.  I got the double-finger variety because I use two fingers to pull the brake and clutch levers.  Size 'Large' comfortably fits over my thick Gerbing winter gloves.

Nicely-made product here... lined polyurethane, all seams heat-welded, elastic across the bottoms of each wrist, and drawstrings at the cuffs.  They pack up small, and come with a snap-closure pouch of the same material.

$50 USD, shipped.  Made in New Zealand!

http://www.rain-off.com/

HappyMan

The two fingers is a nice touch.  I've had them without and didn't like them that much.  Since then I've gotten rain gloves with decent protection for wrists and knuckles.  However, I find in the summer that getting my mesh gloves wet isn't a big deal as they dry so quickly.

Thanks for posting this Stretch.  This is a nice find!
Life is hard.  It\'s even harder if you\'re stupid. - John Wayne

Life\'s too short......Let\'s ride! - HappyMan

http://ridedualsport.com

Advwannabe

Great bit of kit Stretch, just make sure you read the instructions and tuck them inside the sleeves of your rain jacket.........

Don't ask I just know, O.K :oops:
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180

iansoady

I have some of those that I use over summer gloves when touring. Good bit of kit, but my hands seem to slither around a bit inside and they can get a bit sweaty if it's warm out. Not a problem at the moment.....
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

armadillo76

http://www.aerostich.com/catalog/US/Aer ... 16447.html
Looks very similar. I like mine but only use them in frog drowners or if I know I'm going to be in some wet all day.
I use Nik Wax Glove Proof which water resists my gloves pretty well as long as it's not heavy rain.
It's amazing how miserable you can feel when your hands or feet are wet/cold. It can ruin a ride.
My 2 cents, AndyB, NH, 96 Tiger.

ChrisN

I use the free disposable ones provided by the deisel pump at all good fuel stations.
 :wink:
When summer touring, I always make a point of grabbing a handful at the the last fill-up before the ferry.  8)
Chris

Chris Canning

When the weather is good,use a pair of racing gloves,when it rains,take e'm off and replace with trials gloves and XXXL Marigolds,when the weather is hot,just use the trials gloves.

blacktiger

Quote from: "Chris Canning"When the weather is good,use a pair of racing gloves,when it rains,take e'm off and replace with trials gloves and XXXL Marigolds,when the weather is hot,just use the trials gloves.

All OK advice. In the summer (when/if we get one) I just use light wieght leather gloves and let everything get wet. If I feel a chill coming on I turn the heated grips on.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

pletdj

just ordered a set of these today based on Stretches review!!!
i will update after trying them out!
2005 Triumph Tiger
2004 BMW Boxer Cup Replika

flux

I have a pair of the Aerostich ones.  They work, that's for sure.  But they are a big hassle in my opinion.  Plus, my fingers get cramped after not being able to stretch them out after awhile in the triple digits.  I'll probably get rid of them when I find a good waterproof glove.

Sin_Tiger

=1

I got a pair of the one/three finger ones on the premise that I wouldn't want that much brake if it's that wet, in hindsight two/two would have been better.

Great product, excellent value, small and light enough to always be there and does exactly what it says on the tin  :thumbsup
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "blacktiger"
Quote from: "Chris Canning"When the weather is good,use a pair of racing gloves,when it rains,take e'm off and replace with trials gloves and XXXL Marigolds,when the weather is hot,just use the trials gloves.

All OK advice. In the summer (when/if we get one) I just use light wieght leather gloves and let everything get wet. If I feel a chill coming on I turn the heated grips on.

Moi aussie (no,  I'm not Australian, I'm practicing for my holidays in Normandy next month)  I find the water conducts the heat around my hands quite well - in fact you have to be careful not to poach your pinkies....
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...