News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Spark arrestors and misc ramblings

Started by Cleaverid, January 22, 2009, 04:19:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cleaverid

Just put a new Blueflame exhaust on my bike and started to wonder if I could tack weld a screen into the baffles so the USFS wouldn't give me any grief on dirt roads?  ANy thoughts or will I have to put the stock exhaust back on for off road adventures?
The can is SWEET by the way.  :headbang  :thumbsup   I am running both baffels out and noise on the freeway is not bad at all.  I'll probally install the smaller one (lower in the picture) which closes that port entirely to not piss off the neighbors. They go in with snap ring pliers, slick idea.
Always look downstream

yagi

Nice can....... welcome to the Blueflame Brigade....

can you still get your luggage to fit over it......

Kiwi Tiger

is there a sound bite on this somewhere.
Silver 2006 955i Tiger

Cleaverid

Im not sure how to put in a sound bite, don't have a camcorder for video.  There is one on youtube if you search for it. Just search blueflame.
Always look downstream

Kiwi Tiger

Silver 2006 955i Tiger

HappyMan

Sweeeeet!  Looks and sounds nice.
Life is hard.  It\'s even harder if you\'re stupid. - John Wayne

Life\'s too short......Let\'s ride! - HappyMan

http://ridedualsport.com

adrian jones

Own the blue flame as well.
LOVE it.
Have not taken the baffles out as I have not had the O.R. tune installed.

Can't say on the screen issue.  

Basically just a bump for a great muffler!
Trying to reason with hurricane season.........

Cleaverid

After more riding I think I'll put the lower plug back in.  No sense attracting too much attention from el fuzholio.  Sure sounds good though.
I think I'll do the screen thing and just play dumb if they give me any hassel. (Its bloody British, they don't have the USFS stamp over there you wanker) or something like that.  
Cleaver

I deeply apologize to our English mates for my poor attempt at typing an English accent.   :icon_salut  :icon_salut  (I am from Idaho after all, simple minds, simple pleasures.)   :lol:  :lol:
Always look downstream