News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Question about value

Started by REGULATOR, February 09, 2009, 06:19:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

REGULATOR

I have a 2001,   was purchased new in 2003.

clear title,   full matching 3 box luggage
gel and stock seats,

Heated grips ( just installed)

center stand ( Just installed)

New battery

stock and cee baileys windshield,

Almost brand new Tourances ( the good ones)

Roulette Green.   and less then 10,000 miles

what do you think it woudl be worth?>

I love it,  and don't want to even consider to sell it, but I may have to to finance another project,  

give me a Great price, a good price and a lousy price.

in this market nothign seems to be sellign well.    

Just curious  if anyone thinks it would be worth anythign to sell it.

Mustang

Kelly Blue Book
$4620 retail
for fully reconditioned (tires , brakes , chain and sprockets .et. al . ) in excellent condition .

Kelly Blue Book
$3175 trade in that is in good condition

NADA dealer price guide

low retail $2815
high Retail $3705

probabaly not as good as you thought / hoping  ? :shock:

MountainTiger

Mustang

Quote from: "MountainTiger"Say it ain't so.
Unfortunately it's so ........we are talking about a bike that is 8 years old now ! even if it was not purchased until 2003 . buying a leftover is not always a good deal , you will be upside down on the value the minute you sign the paperwork on a 2 year old leftover .

with the xtras he has on it mainly the luggage , the rest not so much value , you will definately be better off selling private sale , but even then 5 k is about top dollar and it better be really really clean , no scratches , etc etc

REGULATOR

right,  well I knew what the "book" said.

but it rarely accounts for the luggage etc,  and I'm not lookgint ot rade it in thats for sure.

I know I paid a better then average price when I bought it in 2008 used, but it looked showroom fresh, had the ful 3 box luggage with only 2500 miles on it...  so was basically a brand new bike, in the color I wanted, and I didn't want a new 1050.

I was hopign to buy another Rocket III thats scary loaded and stupid cheap right now, but I don't think I coudl sell off enough stuff in time,  was hopign to avoid a loan

Mustang

I know it sucks but triumphs just don't hold there resale value for some reason , and unless you find someone who really wants your tigger , you pretty much own it for life
I got a garage full of triumphs that aint worth in resale   what I paid for em .
I have seen 2007 1050's that are really clean going for ony $6500 so an 8 year old one is not going to fetch so much any more .

here's a silver 2005 with 13000 miles in alabama and it's buy it now price is 4500.

http://www.usedmotorcycle.org/inventory/motorcycles.php?id=250370110065&c=Tiger&zip=

The Kurgan

Most motorcycle brands' resale value is silly low these days...

I alway say that a motorcycle is as valuable as a buyer is willing to pay... definitely go private and see what kind of bites you get.

There is so much variablility in terms of condition, maintenance, accessories, etc, that every Tiger is unique.

I much prefer the Girlies over the Roadies and looked high and low for a pristine one...

I found mine at a dealership recently traded in for a 2008 Tiger. Mine had a mere 1400 kilometers on it, not even broken in, in A1, new condition. I paid top dollar for mine and that is what I think its worth to me. :)
[size=84]2005 Triumph Tiger 955i (BRG)
-- TOR Can & Tune
-- Dynojet O2 Sensor Bypass
-- Factory Gel Seat, Luggage & Liners
-- Bestem Topbox
-- Bagster Tank bag & Cover
-- R&G Crash Protectors
-- 55w Fog Lights[/size]

sanjoh

Interesting topic.

I've always thought Triumphs held their value pretty good.  Not like a Harley but much better than Jap bikes.

Accessories are better off sold by themselves, especially in a market where used aftermarket parts are few and far in between.

I think we can all admit you need to have a certain eye to own a tiger!
01 Tiger
00 XR650R
84 VF1K
05 R6