News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

WTB Steamer Clock

Started by Dr. Mordo, February 20, 2009, 05:43:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Mordo

Mine is toast; does anybody have one they don't use anymore?  

I figure maybe somebody has a parts bike or maybe they replaced it with a gauge...
1999 BMW F650

1996 Tiger

Mustang

are you sure the clock is toast , I have found corroded pins in the electrical connector to the wire harness to be the problem on more than 1 steamer ...........
and if it is toast a 2 inch voltmeter or oil pressure gauge will fit there and be way more valuable than knowing what time it is  :lol:

Dr. Mordo

I replaced the plugs that connect the wiring harness and clock.  The wires from the clock had been cut so I suspect it failed a while back and somebody cut the wires to keep them out of the way.

I know a gauge would be useful, but I like having a clock I can see.  I guess I may end up putting in a gauge and sticking some cheapo clock to the dash if I can't find a clock.
1999 BMW F650

1996 Tiger

93TigerBill

Dr Murdo,
I've replaced mine once, it does help to know the time!
With the exchange rate in your favour at present, it may be worth contacting Eurobrit in Melbourne, Oz (google is your friend....).
They have wrecked quite a few Hinkley Triumphs, and these clocks were common on quite a few variants.
Also handy for headlight switches!
My 0.02c
Bill  IBA# 45911
Newcastle, Australia
\'93 Tiger Caspian Blue
130,000 km & counting!