News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Popping on decel

Started by alacazar, February 27, 2009, 01:34:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alacazar

I'm new to the forum and have a question that I'm hoping you can help with.

I've recently picked up a ,new to me, 06 Tiger and I've noticed that it pops when decelerating at low speeds. Is this normal for the 955? I haven't had a Triumph before, so I'm not sure what is normal or not. Other than that, the bike runs strong and is great fun.

Thanks for the help and any thing else I should look for would be welcomed.
06 Tiger
94 DR650

Yukon

No problem with the popping sound during deceleration.  It is a signature characteristic of the 955 motor.  Welcome to the group.

HappyMan

I love it when it pops!! 8)
Life is hard.  It\'s even harder if you\'re stupid. - John Wayne

Life\'s too short......Let\'s ride! - HappyMan

http://ridedualsport.com

alacazar

Quote from: "HappyMan"I love it when it pops!! 8)

I love it too! I just wanted to make sure that I SHOULD love it  :icon_scratch
06 Tiger
94 DR650

stook

Quote from: "alacazar"I'm new to the forum and have a question that I'm hoping you can help with.

I've recently picked up a ,new to me, 06 Tiger and I've noticed that it pops when decelerating at low speeds. Is this normal for the 955? I haven't had a Triumph before, so I'm not sure what is normal or not. Other than that, the bike runs strong and is great fun.

Thanks for the help and any thing else I should look for would be welcomed.
I believe 955's with the TOR can and the offroad map "pop less" but it's still a normal thing for a Tiger to do.

durant

I have a 05 and it has never poped on decel with the stock exhaust.  For a year I ran an auto exhaust below the sidebag so that I could use a sewer pipe case in the side bag cutout area and carry a little more stuff that way.  The auto set-up worked ok, but I went back to stock because it popped on decel and the throttle response became a little too on/off, and the fuel economy went down a little(I think).  After going back to stock, it seems that the bike is back to normal.

abruzzi

popping on decel is usually caused by air that is injected into the exhaust to burn the unburned fuel.  it's an emissions thing.  Put the right pipe on, the the popping becomes a beautiful growl--learn to love it!

Geof