News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

12,000mi. service

Started by brad1098, February 28, 2009, 04:40:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brad1098

Performing 12,000 service.  Owners handbook says replace plugs at 12,000 and Service Manual says check them  at 12 and replace at 24,000.  Mine look fine what say you fellas.  What about checking the valves?

Original air filter looks near perfect also, can I reuse it too.......just kiddin.
02 black-Lorna

Stretch

Do check the valves.  Most likely, they'll all still be within spec, but you never know sometimes.

Cos

Yup. Check the valves.

Mine were loose of all things. Or so Jetdoc said.  :icon_scratch

My plugs needed changing too.

brad1098

12,000 service complete.  All went extremely well.  Valves were within spec. a little on the low side so I plan on doing again at 20,000 instead of 24k.  While I was in there I did the Sasq. voltage fix, very nice.  Also got around to installing Stretches high fender kit I got a while back.  Changes the whole look.  Very nice kit.  Bleeding the brakes was an ordeal.  Thanks to all who keep this site going and to Cleav for the Service Manual, couldn't have done it without either.  Off to Central Texas for a little winter warm up.  Anybody know some good routs near Temple or north east hill country area?
02 black-Lorna

2004Tiger

Lots of back roads, both paved and gravel, around Mason. Especially along the Llano river, empty roads and hills with forest. Nearby, plenty of lakes, campgrounds, and some tourist attractions  :evil:  .

In two weeks I will be at the Mason campground while building a Habitat house in the town, as we do every year. It's a nice grassy place to camp, Wifi and showers and laundry. Stop here and say hi and bring your hammer, HfH volunteers stay for $3 per night, otherwise $20.
2004 Tiger. Black is beautiful. If I don\'t ride a little every day I get a little crazy.

jmurguia

Do not miss Highways 335, 336, 337! (Sometimes called the 3 Sisters).

Be careful, as curves and elevation changes sneak up on you and many deaths over the years...respect this and you & your Tiger will be rewarded with hours of smiles!?! Gas is limited and so are restuarants.'

If you go early in the AM, you'll see lots of wildlife and too many deer.  Watch out for SLOW Cruiser/bicycle parades if you go later in the day...it also cuts through cattle ranches - cows are dumb and spook easily.  You run over a few cattle guards at speed or in the middle of an apex (God Bless Texas)!!!

Best route: Bandera, Tx. to Medina, Tx to Vanderpool to Leakey to Campwood to Barksdale to Vance to Hwy 41.  Hwy 41 east for @14 miles and right on 336 south back to Leakey. (Downtown Bandera has ol' west feel on main strip and North of Vanderpool is an amazing Motorcyle Museum full of vintage British Makes).

Let me know if you need a guide...         Enjoy, JCM

*Big Bend worth your time if possible, but 2 day min.*
2006 Triumph Tiger - BEST BIKE I\'VE OWNED!