News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Dead electrics

Started by Bixxer Bob, March 08, 2009, 02:18:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bixxer Bob

Went for ride yesterday, but - because I'd done a fair bit of work with the ignition on but motor not running, and being unable to turn the lights off - I put her on charge overnight first.

Started her up, all good, rode about 20 miles into town.  Stopped for a coffee at one of my favourite bike shops; re-mounted, turned the ignition key, nothing!!  :shock: Everything dead.   :shock:  :shock: Also noticed a sort of burning smell.  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  Turned the key off and on again,  lights come on :P  :P  :P  but when I pressed the starter there was a click and everything went dead again.  :cry:  Brain is already leaping to conclusions:  :roll:  trapped wire , fried electrics, blown main fuse (no it couldn't be that, she lit up momentarily). Anyway,  took the seat off and all was revealed - some numpty (that'll be me then.. ) forgot to tighten up the positive battery terminal.  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:

Quick tweek with a screwdriver and all was well.   :lol:

By the way, the burning smell turned out to be the oil coating on the new can - no more than a distraction....  :lol:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Cos

I did that.

Felt like a right plonker, didn't ya?  :lol:

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "Cos"I did that.

Felt like a right plonker, didn't ya?  :lol:

:thumbsup
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...