News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

ICELAND Faroes

Started by snakebasket, March 17, 2009, 06:21:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

snakebasket

I'm planning a trip to Iceland via the faroes this summer. Anyone else going that way want to meet up/ share info. My biggest issue is with the ferry prices in that they're in Euros. Anyone know of any discount sites for these, and do you have to pre book or can you just turn up with a bike?
 Looking to go end of July /beginning August.

Bixxer Bob

Can't help with any of the info you require, but I'm jealous as hell!!!

Went to Iceland in Nov last year on a fly/drive and hired a 4 x 4.  Had a great time and would love to go back on the bike.  One bit of advice I can give.....  After a week I was pretty much totally ignoring the national speed limit, which is only 90 kph - especially when you haven't seen another car all morning and are 80-90 miles from any habitation.  Then a police car came over a rise going the other way and clocked me on his radar (they all carry forward facing radar) and came after me.  I was doing 109 kph and got a £120 fine - and that was after discount for a first offence!!!!!

He then told me up to 100 is okay, but no more..... :roll:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Groucho

Some Tiger riders from Sweden are going to visit Iceland this summer. Have a look at their homepage http://www.triumphtiger.net/clubscandinavia/index.htm and ask the webmaster for further information.

Have a nice trip!
"Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana." Groucho Marx