News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Stop the USA Ban on Sales of Kids' Motorcycles

Started by Stretch, March 19, 2009, 03:28:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stretch

The Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act of 2008 was instituted to prevent the importation and sale of unsafe toys, furniture, and other items  intended for children.  One of the major concerns was the amount of lead in painted toys and furniture found in many Asian-made products imported into the USA.

But government agencies have included motorcycles and ATVs in the list of banned items, as their batteries contain lead.

When was the last time you heard of a kid getting lead poisoning from eating his motorcycle?

Former Motocross God Malcolm Smith is spearheading a grassroots revolt to stop this latest chapter of governmental idiocy...

QuoteIn defiance of the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act of 2008 - or CPSIA - which prohibits the sale of youth motorcycles and ATVs deemed unhealthy for children under 12 due to supposed high-levels of lead content, motorcycle dealer Malcolm Smith will sell these banned vehicles as a sign of protest.

As a sign of support, a group of small business people and high-profile motorcycle industry celebrities, including racers Jeff Ward and Jeremy McGrath, Glen Helen Raceway owner Bud Feldkamp, and motorsport design guru Troy Lee have all agreed to be on hand to purchase banned units for use by their own children and grandchildren.

http://kidslove2ride.com/

HockleyBoy

05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "HockleyBoy"Madness!!!

Agreed,  but we have our own brand of madness to deal with:

Proposed lowering of speed limit from 60mph to 50mph except on selected roads.  Which council is going to be bothered / take the risk of raising a speed limit???

Mobile phones - you can't hold one but you can talk on one while driving when we all know it's not the pressing the call button, or driving with one hand (or they'd ban smoking at the wheel too) its TALKING on the phone that's the real danger (I'm with Kevin Ash on this one)  (Sorry,  Kevin Ash is an outspoken  (read common sense) journalist on UK's Motor Cycle News weekly paper - if you want a taste go to http://www.motorcyclenews.com/ )

Gotta stop there,  just come out of hospital after a heart scare, mustn't get too wound up... :evil:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...