News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

HELP, need specs for wheel spacer

Started by big jim, March 24, 2009, 05:23:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

big jim

Hey guys, I am stationed in Bahrain and my bike is my only transport. recently I had a flat tire, I had to repair it in the dark in a parking lot. Last night it felt like something was lose in the rear end. This morning I noticed that the sprocket bolts are chewing a grove in the swingarm. Upon further inspection and disassembley I found the spacer on the sprocket side is missing. I cannot wait for delivery of the $4.00 part. If I can get the measurments I can get one made. It is the spacer that goes against the swingarm on the sprocket side. The part # I got off the bikebandit site is 555739-001 does any one know if that is a triumph P/N? If it is I might be able to get a dealer to measure it for me. People from this site have came to my rescue before so thank you in advance.
Brian
Son: "Daddy when I grow up I want to ride motorcycles just like you"
Dad: "Son, you can\'t do both."

MIMbox

Hi Brian.
Sorry to hear you have  a problem. I cannot tell you what the sizes are, but the Triumph part number in my parts list (dated Jan94) is
2012073-T0301, SPACER LH.
Hope this helps
Regards Phil

big jim

Thank you. My dad got a hold of cascade moto classic in portland with that part# and they were nice enough to measure it and send me a picture. I had one made for 5 Bahrain Dinar, about 12 USD, and I am back in busniess.
Son: "Daddy when I grow up I want to ride motorcycles just like you"
Dad: "Son, you can\'t do both."

aeronca

big jim, sorry i couldnt get the specs sooner, im taking my rear off this week end for a sprocket/chain r&r, and was going to try and get the size's for you, but it sounds like your ok. good luck and stay safe over there - post some pics of that place :D     eric
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!