News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Using 2 windscreens?

Started by Tomsblutiger1, March 30, 2009, 03:15:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomsblutiger1

Has anyone tried using the Cee Baileys #2 screen underneath the stock screen?  I'm looking at the CB #2 plus 6 and like the extra width, but also like the look of the stock screen.  I am also trying my own version of the laminar lip made with 1/8 polycarbonate.  So far, results are pretty good but is very tricky get the heat just right to bend it.  Have tried the prototype with good results so far.
06 Tiger 955i Caspian Blue

Tom Herold

Are you talking about layering the screens one on top of the other?  I'm not sure the airflow would change all that much just because you've added the stock screen on top of the Cee Bailey #2. If my mind is working through this correctly, it might even add some turbulence because of the fluid dynamics involved with the additional edges of the surface, or "contact", area where the airflow will be disrupted.

I'm running a CB#2 + 4" with an MRA #9 adjustable laminar lip that sends the air right over the top of my helmet while sitting on a Corbin saddle. (Im 5'10" tall and the Corbin's quite a bit taller than the stock saddle.  In truth, I wish I had gone with a +6.  So I'm going to start playing with a new laminar lip design too.

Since you're experimenting with making your own laminar lips, try making a mold of your desired shape then cutting a piece of plexi to fit it. Heat your oven to about 150F and set the plexi on the mold in the oven. It won't take but a short period of time for the plexi to form to the mold, so keep an eye on it. Once it's at the desired shape, pull it out and let it cool before drilling the mounting holes.

Try something like that and see how it works out for you.  Just don't let the wife see you playing in the oven....... I had a hard time trying to explain that one  :shock:
1999 Triumph Trophy 1200
2002 Triumph Sprint ST
2005 Triumph Tiger

"When people believe you to be the fool, why open your mouth and remove all doubt....??"
Gen. George S. Patton

blacktiger

Having tried taller Ceebaileys screens I became a believer that shorter is best.
I bought a sports screen off eBay but it wasn't quite what I wanted so I've chopped one of my Ceebaileys down so that it's about 40mm taller than the Triumph sports screen. It's still quite noisy but there's no turbulence and no pressure on my helmet so I can sit at any speed in comfort with earplugs fitted.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.