News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

99 Yellow and Proud of It

Started by DSDreamin, April 30, 2009, 05:08:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DSDreamin

99 Triumph Tiger 885 EFI, 32k miles, $4,350.00 one owner, clean, never sits long, it gets ridden all year round. Genuine Triumph competition exhaust, new Tourance rear tire, brakes and steering bearings. OEM Heated grips, throttle meister, OEM taller shield, OEM shop manual, stock shield and stock exhaust.  Located just north of Baltimore, MD close to the PA state line.

Looking for a great Tiger ?
This is my Tiger. It is squeaky clean! It is an awesome bike, runs great, and I am sad to see it go. I hope the new owner will take good care of and enjoy it like I do. Let me know what you think.  It has been to Daytona Supercross a couple of times, quite a few outdoor AMA MX Nationals, Oklahoma and some short trips in the Mid Atlantic Area.
Not until riding my new KTM 990 did I realize how great the Triumph triple really is. If it were not for recently going from three to six bikes in the garage I would not let it go. Routine maintenance on six bikes is too much like a chore. It truly is an all around do anything go anywhere bike that can put sport bikes to shame in the twisties, climb over downed trees on fire roads and cruise across country all day with comfort

DSDreamin

Thought sure someone would have bought this by now...  After looking at chain prices today I thought it would be good to mention that it has a good DID X-Ring Gold on it.  Also did not mention fender extensions and that it is mapped for the competition exhaust.  

Any input from you guys would be appreciated.

DSDreamin

Lower price on the Tiger. Taking the 400 on a long weekend dual sport/ adventure ride next week through West Virginia. Then I guess I will try listing on ebay. Not sure what kind of fees are involved to sell a bike there. So send me an offer.

DSDreamin

UPDATED DESCRITION
99 Triumph Tiger 885 EFI, 32k miles (Now 33k and rising), $4,350.00 (NOW $4,200.00 or $4350 on ebay if I need to try that route.) one owner, clean, never had any problems, never sits long, it gets ridden all year round, garage kept.
As shown-w/top bag, panniers and center stand.
Genuine Triumph competition exhaust and mapping (quiet)
New Metzler Tourance rear tire (about 800 miles on it now) Front usually lasts two rears.
New brakes front and rear.
OEM Heated grips.
K&N Air Filter
Throttle Meister (good for long rides, lets you tighten throttle to give your hand and wrist a rest)
DID Gold Xring chain
Fender extensions front & rear
OEM taller shield - original shield included.
OEM Tool Kit
Factory service manual.
Regularly maintenanced.
Oil changed at least once a year with Mobil full synthetic and filter changed.

-Done this past off season-and periodically since I've owned it as preventive maintenance
1st time New Steering Bearings (tightened today. Normally need to be snugged up after they get seated well.) VALVES CHECKED TODAY all 12 good.
Oil, Filter and crush washer.
All connectors cleaned and dielectric greased.
Triumph fuel line recall completed - consisted of changing plastic quick connects with metal ones.
Brake fluid changed.
Calipers cleaned and lubricated.
Mechanial relays cleaned and contacts treated.
K&N air filter serviced.
Fuel Filter
Coolant flushed and replacement will be done if I get a chance but it should be OK.
Chain adjusters are awesome, you can literally adjust within a minute, both sides at one time.
I'm sure I've missed mentioning something.

Extras - Original rear sprocket 48t and one 46t. Currently running a 42t since around about 2004. (not always looking for another gear and makes any highway speed riding much more comfortable.) A few extra chain links and 2 spare master links. $30.00 fuel tank gasket.

Located just north of Baltimore, MD close to the PA state line. Call 443-831-4189 or PM me.

Need to sell, too many bikes, routine maintenance on six bikes is getting to be too much like a chore (increased from three to six last year) and the new 990 Adv needs some accessories.

DSDreamin

Sold sometime around the middle of May 2009, Thanks!