News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Take the fuse box off?

Started by gbcphoto, May 03, 2009, 04:31:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gbcphoto

Has anyone ever taken off the fuse box on their Tiger?
I need to get into the back of it to have a look at the charging circuit. The plastic surrounding the fuse has burned from to much heat. Crazy thing.....the fuse didn't blow.
I have tried pulling  and pushing with the amount of force it seemed needed, but usually ends up with a lot of pain and profanity.
Thanks all.

GBC
2001 Gato Verde
1969 H1 500
2001 XR 650L
2000 XR 400
2006 KX 250F

Stretch

German and a couple others have had this problem as well.  The fuse connector can't handle the 30 amps flowing through it, and it overheats until it ceases to function.  

As for attempting repairs... don't even bother with it.  Do the Sasquatch Voltage Fix and bypass the bike's wiring harness and fusebox altogether...

http://tigertriple.com/forum/index.php/topic,3843

gbcphoto

Quote from: "Stretch"German and a couple others have had this problem as well.  The fuse connector can't handle the 30 amps flowing through it, and it overheats until it ceases to function.  

As for attempting repairs... don't even bother with it.  Do the Sasquatch Voltage Fix and bypass the bike's wiring harness and fusebox altogether...

http://tigertriple.com/forum/index.php/topic,3843

You mean that by not connecting the RR to the old plug that goes everywhere else on the bike  and going straight to the battery, you have bypassed that circuit in the fuse box?  I thought that fuse was for the stator side of things?

If that's the case I'm home free. I have been running Sasquath's fix now for over a year!!!! Sweet!

So I'm guessing there is no easy way to take that fusebox off?!
2001 Gato Verde
1969 H1 500
2001 XR 650L
2000 XR 400
2006 KX 250F

Stretch

Quote from: "gbcphoto"You mean that by not connecting the RR to the old plug that goes everywhere else on the bike  and going straight to the battery, you have bypassed that circuit in the fuse box?  

Yep.

QuoteI thought that fuse was for the stator side of things?

Nope, the stator plugs straight into the R/R, and the R/R plugs into the bike's wiring harness (in stock condition), or the Sasquatch Fix.

Running the Sasquatch fix completely bypasses the charging circuit fuse (fuse #2).

Just make sure it's the charging system fuse that melted (back when it was still in service) in the fusebox, and not a fuse that's still in service and overheated recently.