News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Best manual for the Steamers

Started by Sin_Tiger, May 04, 2009, 09:20:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sin_Tiger

What's the opinion on which is the best manual.

a) Haynes 885 generic model manual 2162, or pay the extra for:-
b) The genuine Triumph 885 generic manual

Is there anything available as a legal download, I have absolutely ziltch.

While on this subject is there a way of tracing the bikes original history, factory liason officer affiliated to clubs or forums? Since mine is an import to Singapore it would be interesting to know if it was a personal import or via a dealer.

Cheers
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

JetdocX

I have the Official Triumph (circle trademark) Tiger Shop manual.  I also happen to be holding Cos' Haynes Manual waiting for him to send me a shipping address. :roll:

I like the Triumph version better than the Haynes.  YMMV.
From parts unknown.

MIMbox

Hi there
I also have both the Haynes manual, and  a couple of Triumph workshop manuals. I dont really believe the Triumph manual is better than the Haynes, In fact, having spent about four times the Haynes cost on Triumph manuals, I dont really see them as value for money.
The Haynes manual is very comprehensive, and covers all the relevant info, and in a lot of areas, the illustrations are better.
if you can score a cheap one one ebay, go for it, but the Haynes gives me all I really need..