News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Trying to find the metal fuel fittings....

Started by flux, May 05, 2009, 01:08:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flux

I know Team Triumph sells the metal fuel fittings but I only need the female ends... can anyone provide me a link to that part?  I can only find the entire kit for $75.  

Thanks!

walker

evilbetty thread in the "Girly wisdom" sticky thread...

here is the link.

http://tigertriple.com/forum/index.php/topic,5670

flux

Thanks but Evil Betty used different parts than the ones Team Triumph uses.  I'm specifically looking for the TT ones.   8)

walker

oh. I thought they were the same supplier for some reason.

Might try calling team triumph - see if they can get you just the one side. Worst they will say is "no".  :)

Not sure about the TT kit, but the couplings from quick couplings are manufactured by the Colder Co. the same as the OEM plastic ones. I have an early 05 with the same problem, moving my fuel line snapped the first one and the second fitting snapped as soon as I tried to take it out.

The couplings from Quick Couplings cost me $50.00 including postage, I believe the kit from TT runs about $70.00 or so. Quick Couplings will sell you 1 or what ever you need.

http://www.quickcouplings.net/osc/produ ... cts_id=642

EvilBetty

The OEM plastic fittings, the Team Triumph Fittings, and the QuickCouplings fittings are all made by CPC Colder.

TT kit uses Viton o-rings, which will hold up better over time to higher levels of ethanol in fuel.  This is the reason they are more expensive.

QC kit uses BUNA-N o-rings which should be fine for the 10% ethanol levels most gas stations use here in KS/MO.    

QuickCouplings will sell you these fittings as well, but they are made to order.   You have to pony up a $45 tooling fee for any special requirements, including the Viton o-rings.  I think there is also a required quantity to buy as well.  Would be an awesome group buy if we ever had the interest.

If the hoses leaking fuel from the fuel rail when disconnected does not bother you, get the OEM metal fittings from the dealer, then buy the pair of valved female parts from QuickCouplings for $30 shipped.

When I called Team Triumph the would not sell me just the male or female fittings.  Only the kit.  But others have bought just one gender from them in the past.

Team Triumph Kit
http://www.rideteamtriumph.com/tiger.htm
There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

flux

Okay, thanks guys.  There's a lot of info on this subject to sort through, so this kind of simplifies it.  I thought for some reason TT sold a female only kit so I guess I'm wrong (shhhh! don't tell my wife!).  

I'll go ahead and order the QC females.... I'm on a budget and the bike really didn't leak too much gas with the Triumph OEM metal males.