News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Should we run with AGM Sealed batteries?

Started by MIMbox, May 09, 2009, 07:19:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MIMbox

Hi All.
Thinking about sprag related posts.
Fitted an upgraded alarm/immobiliser last month, ( live in London).
Did one decent run, then went down with man flu, ( like swine flu, but worse, of course!!)
Anyway, serious question, alarm has totally flattened battery, and I dont want to chance it now, so about to order replacement, and some kind of optimate system.
Best Battery? I can get a Westco, or Numax sealed for around same cost, but who has experience of any, and what do you think about the battery you bought.
Be safe, only breathe out!!!!!!

aeronca

i just recently got a new agm battery and so far i like it alot. it was expencive, but given the fear of not having a good battery in the steamer, i looked at it as an extra prevention. my lead acid just never seemed to really be strong, and after 2 years it finally crapped out. i think the agm is the way to go.
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

abruzzi

The only drawback to AGM batteries is that when they die, they die fast--with little warning.  My KTM has an AGM I replaced 9 months ago.  One day it cranked fine.  The next day it wouldn't even turn the motor.  That might actually be a plus for the sprag issue, but it's bad for the "i want to take a ride today" issue.

Geof