News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Hello

Started by IrishJohnny, May 10, 2009, 07:52:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IrishJohnny

Thought I'd say Hi, lurked on here often enough and realised I did register at some stage.

Anyway, what prompted me to post was the fact that I did the Welsh National Rally yesterday with my son.
Prior to this I had it in mind to maybe change my Tiger, an '06, for something different...but not any more.
The Tiger performed really well, two up with luggage on all kinds of roads.
We had most of the seasons in one day as well.

Shame I saw only one other Tiger doing the rally, looked like an 885 Girly.

:D

Cheers,
IJ

Bruincounselor

Bruin\'

Stretch

Howdy!

Tell us more about the rally...

IrishJohnny

I'm short on pics as it happens, something I must work on.

Taken three years ago when the bike was new, it's not quite as shiney now but has been ridden not hidden.
I've added crash bars, headlight grill and plenty of scuffs and scratches.

The Welsh National Rally is a scatter rally organised by Clive MCC, bit like a treasure hunt on bikes with manned and unmanned checkpoints.
Have a look here, go to members and touring and you'll see it listed.
http://www.ramg.co.uk/menu/ramgframe1.htm

It's my mates report from last year, this was my first year and not my last.

IJ

TigerTrax

Irish....
There will be a small herd of Triumph riders coming over to Ireland in 2010 for the  GP (???) races.

Let's be havin a welcoming committee !
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

HockleyBoy

Welcome aboard, the road rally's are good fun. I did the English National a couple of years back on my Tiger. Hope to do it again this year if I get time.
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

blacktiger

Quote from: "IrishJohnny"I did the Welsh National Rally yesterday with my son.

Shame I saw only one other Tiger doing the rally, looked like an 885 Girly.

Well you missed me and my mate Phil. Both on Girlies. We did a Gold and Dragon.
I also saw a silver Girly in the carpark.
You're right not to change that Tiger. It's one of the best there is for doing this type of thing. e.g. I did the "Scottish" distance award last year, covering 622 miles in 12&1/2 hours.
Truely the best bike Triumph has ever made.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

IrishJohnny

Quote from: "TigerTrax"Irish....
There will be a small herd of Triumph riders coming over to Ireland in 2010 for the  GP (???) races.

Let's be havin a welcoming committee !

Small problem there...I live in England these days.
You'll have a great time I'm sure.
 :D

IrishJohnny

Quote from: "blacktiger"Well you missed me and my mate Phil. Both on Girlies. We did a Gold and Dragon.
I also saw a silver Girly in the carpark.
You're right not to change that Tiger. It's one of the best there is for doing this type of thing. e.g. I did the "Scottish" distance award last year, covering 622 miles in 12&1/2 hours.
Truely the best bike Triumph has ever made.

Good to hear there was a few more of us then.
We did the Gold and Dragon as well, great fun.