News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Here in the US, anyone order a Sargent seat for yor Girly?

Started by RVC7, May 14, 2009, 11:18:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RVC7

What are some of the problems with the stock seat you've had? What kind of configuration did you order with Sargent? I'm sending a stock into Sargent and have never ridden on it. Thanks in advance.

flux

I gotta say, my buddy BJ had a Sargent seat, and he hated it as did I.  He actually hated it so much he traded someone else for their stocker!  

Go Corbin and don't look back!  (It DOES make the bike taller though because its wide and splays yer legs out)

Stretch

Corbins have that seam directly under your butt bones.  No way in hell.

RVC7

I'm selling a Corbin to get a Sargent. Ha!

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "RVC7"I'm selling a Corbin to get a Sargent. Ha!

I'm not really in a good position here not owning or having ever sat on a Girly (saddle)  :oops:

Let me get this straight - you are sending a Stock that you have never tried to Sargent for modding and selling the Corbin (presumably you've tried it and it doesn't suit you) to finance this hopefully comfy seating :?:

Dude, do you buy lottery tickets?
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

HappyMan

I've got three Sargent seats and swear by them but I know plenty of people that don't like them.  Everyone is different.  The Sargent is not a cushy seat but one that offers support in all the right places.  If you are looking for a saddle that gives way under you like a couch the Sargent isn't it.  On the other hand if you prefer excellent support go with the Sargent.  They will build it exactly as you require to fit your butt.  Speak with Bill in Custom seats.

I've got a Sargent on each of the bikes below.

Life is hard.  It\'s even harder if you\'re stupid. - John Wayne

Life\'s too short......Let\'s ride! - HappyMan

http://ridedualsport.com

EvilBetty

I've been following these seat threads, since I can barely do my daily commute without the monkey butt.  The all the seats seem to have mixed reviews, so if I can find a decent price Gel seat I think I'm going to give that a try first.
There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

aeronca

man, i put a hundred or so mile a day in my commute on the ol' steamer, and that sargent seat mod looks pretty darn good. i'd like to find a second seat and make a solo set up with a toolbox/rack on the back end of it, and i think the sargent may just fit the bill 8)
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Bruincounselor

I have a stock set of seats for sale if anyone wants to do the send in your seat thing. I hate the stockers and the seam between the pans was a real pain in the ass. I'm a Corbin convert to the end.

Edit: They are for a Girly
Bruin\'

stook

Quote from: "EvilBetty"I've been following these seat threads, since I can barely do my daily commute without the monkey butt.  The all the seats seem to have mixed reviews, so if I can find a decent price Gel seat I think I'm going to give that a try first.

Someone said in this thread "everyone is different" (or words to that effect). That is 100% true. What one rider swears by will be precisely what another rider swears at.

What seat are you using now that causes you pain? Based on my experience, if it is the stock seat, the gel seat will be worse. If it's a Corbin, the gel seat will be worse. The Corbin causes me extreme pain too, by the way, but that certainly isn't a reflection on the seat. It just doesn't work for me, that's all.

I have tried a LOT of combinations to get something that will let me ride more than 45 miles at a stretch without being in pain. I have not tried the Sergeant and I have not tried the Day Long (they turned my order down - said my legs were too short and advised me not to even try it)  :roll:

I guess what I'm saying is try very hard to find a way to try before you buy. You may save a lot of cash if you can.

sanjoh

The stock seat with an alaska sheepskin works ok for me.

I just had the seat redone by Spencers http://greatdaytoride.com

Sheepskin not needed with the long distance option, best $75 I've spent.
01 Tiger
00 XR650R
84 VF1K
05 R6

EvilBetty

Anyone following that link at work may want to mute your sound :)

atokad

Corbin, with their backrest. LOVE IT.  400+ miles in a day, absolutely not a pain in the @ss for me. The backrest allows me to strap/lash almost any kind of tail bag to it and the stock Triumph rear rack.

Stretch - he must ride nekked down there in them woods for that butt bones seam to bother him?!?!  :oops:

The seam on the seat doesn't bother me one bit. Course I gots a big butt and wear them stylish Olmypia Airglide pants, so maybe that is why.  Mine is also leather and I think it breathes better than any vinyl/synthetic material would, so no heat build up (lessin I been eaten them roadside burritos)

EvilBetty

Quote from: "sanjoh"The stock seat with an alaska sheepskin works ok for me.

That looks like a good deal!  Now I just have to see if I can get a used seat at a decent price.

atokad

Quote from: "EvilBetty"
Quote from: "sanjoh"The stock seat with an alaska sheepskin works ok for me.

That looks like a good deal!  Now I just have to see if I can get a used seat at a decent price.

Sell you mine!  PM me.