News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Who Else Has a Possessed Steamer?

Started by JetdocX, May 27, 2009, 06:08:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JetdocX

I'm about 85-90% certain my bike needs an exorcism.

Some guy in the parking lot at bike night was doing freehand lettering on another bike and I started talking about having, "El Bastardo Verde" painted on my front fairing.  (If you've been following along, my bike deserves it) I almost had him do it, but could not find a bug-free enough area.  And I decided a sticker would be better.

So I go to leave and the bike cranks up, idles like shit(first clue, dumbass), I rev it up and blast out of the parking lot headed to the grocery store to get some din-din.  My fuel light is on and I'm about 200 miles into the tank, about the time I normally switch to reserve.

I get to a left turn lane and the bike is still idling like shit like it's running out of gas, so I switch to reserve.  The bike dies and the light turns green and I have five cars behind me.   :roll:   Fucking of course!   Why wouldn't I have five cars behind me????  Probably filled with Norwegian bikini models, too!

I'm able to duck-walk a tight U-turn and then I work on my next problem: how to start the bike?  Cranking is doing no good.  I switch the fuel back from reserve to on and it starts.  Now I nurse it rolling and on through some back streets.  Park at the grocery store.

Come back out with food, crank it up and the idle is fixed, and it runs like a raped ape again.

I think I've been warned. :shock:  

No Norwegian bikini models were harmed during the telling of this story. :evil:
From parts unknown.

coachgeo

Dude..... you blew it.  

Your bike was not possesed.... it was trying to help you out.  It was trying to get you laid.  :shock:  :lol:  

It set you up to go knock on their car window. Bike now things your an idiot.  He new those models would a been giving you a ride.    8)  :wink:
COACH POSER (Till Tribota Tiger's done & I'm riding it)

JetdocX

Norwegian bikini models in Reno?  Yeah, dude.   :lol:
From parts unknown.

aeronca

Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Mustang

I'm tellin ya it's bad luck to paint a bike GREEN !

Actually it sounds like you have a plugged tank vent or you need to remove the little screen on the petcock pipe that is on the main fuel pipe .
If it happens again .........open the gas cap rather than switching to reserve and see if it comes out of it , if it does it's tank vent , and if switching to reserve and back cures it ...it is that silly fine mesh filter on the top of the petcock pipe

and your steamer was teaching you a lesson in humility for thinking about painting such shit on it's side  :ImaPoser  :ImaPoser  :ImaPoser

JetdocX

Not a plugged vent.  I've already checked both vents.  I'm wondering about the ethanol content in the gas around here.

I'll pull the fuel cock and drain the tank and see what I find.  I've already got an in line fuel filter (after plugging the stock one).  

Or just live with the fact that the bike is going to continue to be unreliable and burn it in the desert. :evil:
From parts unknown.

c-rad

I have this cheap bastard theory that makes me feel better when my tiger acts up on low fuel.

If condensation got into the tank, it seems like the moisture would end up below the fuel.  Then, when I switch to reserve this "moist" fuel gets into the system since the reserve port is low in the tank.  Lots of coughing and sputtering until a while after I fill up and switch back to fuel from the top of the pipe.

There may be some holes in this theory, but making up stuff like this is cheaper than trying new components (coils and wires are some candidates that I considered replacing).

These bikes do take a certain level of commitment.  Not to mention an active imagination.

Good luck.

Stretch

The power of Bloor compels you!

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "Stretch"

And what colour does she puke up  :grnb  :wink:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

JetdocX

Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"And what colour does she puke up  :grnb  :wink:

British Racing Green!  What do I win, Skippy?
From parts unknown.

aeronca

hey jetdocx, you should paint your bike like one of our planes :lol:
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

JetdocX

I'm thinking about painting it pink.  Or maybe just a real big Hello Kitty sticker on the front fairing. :lol:

Eric, that plane has a pink triangle or a rainbow or both on it's rear bumper, right?
From parts unknown.

Stretch

Pumping out the shitters right under her nose.  Funny.

aeronca

its our frisco special :lol:
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "JetdocX"
Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"And what colour does she puke up  :grnb  :wink:

British Racing Green!  What do I win, Skippy?

I'll send you some if you want  :lol:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint