News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Guess when The next version of the Tiger will come out.

Started by TallRob, June 04, 2009, 01:56:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TallRob

Im wondering. What is the life cycle of each model of Tiger. Would be helpful to gauge an ETA for a new model.

JetdocX

If things keep "progressing"  :roll: at Triumph, the next Tiger will be a chomed cruiser.  

Are you listening, Triumph?  How about bringing back the dual-sport bike? :evil:
From parts unknown.

Nick Calne

Triumph tend to be a bit slower to update models fully, when compared with other manufacturers.  I think they are a smaller company and can't do the "every two years something new" routine.

Since the last new Tiger was only 2006 (?) I suspect we will get something different in 2012!

Would be nice to see a return to a proper dual sport bike as Jetdocx suggests....(a fine suggestion sir!)... maybe if enough of us write to Hinkley they'll listen...just maybe....!
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

abruzzi

Steamer: 1993-1998 = 6 years
Girly: 1999-2006 = 7 years
Roadie: 2007-????

There were changes within, but only aficionados can usually tell the difference.  (the biggest mid model change was 2000-2001 engine change.  Second was all the little changes from the 1997 Steamer to 1998, third was 2004-2005.)  With that in mind, if you want a completely redesigned Tiger, you'll probably have to wait until 2013 or 2014.  

Even significant mid model changes aren't likely as the 1050 is still the top engine, and the Tiger is never the first to receive it--think Speed triple, or maybe the Sprint.

Geof

blacktiger

Quote from: "abruzzi"if you want a completely redesigned Tiger, you'll probably have to wait until 2013 or 2014.  

By which time it'll be a Hybrid. Triumph Prius?????????? God help us.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

oxnsox

Triumph Prius.....  Just another Green Tiger....  :P  :P
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
  If it ain't Farkled...  don't fix it....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Advwannabe

Quote from: "oxnsox"Triumph Prius.....  Just another Green Tiger....  :P  :P

Oh that´s low.....

The sales of the Roadie are pretty solid, so don´t expect a change of direction from Triumph anytime soon.

Its attracting a new buyer to Triumph as well. For example a yuong friend of mine who damaged his wrists on a sports bike has one and loves it as a sit up sportsbike, which is effectively what it is.

Goes o.k on the gravel though, which is all the off roading most of us do.

Me? I want a full off road version, but I´m not holding my breath
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180