News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

question about Leasing a Tiger in caliornia

Started by TallRob, July 06, 2009, 03:13:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TallRob

Im weighing options. Ive never leased a bike before. Is it a smart thing? ona 14K bike for 3yrs and 2.5 to 3.5K down what would I typically expect on a monthly? Also, wit a leased bike. Will they allow you to install crash bars and a GPS? ASs you see Im a noob at this. Looking at model time lines. I dont want to plunk down lots of cash on a bike that may have anew model coming out in a few years.
Is anyone esle leasing? What happens if you crash? when its time to turn it in?

TIA guys thanks!

JetdocX

I think you can buy and HAVE a nice used bike for not much more than that WITHOUT monthly payments.  Look around a bit.
From parts unknown.

TallRob

i have. the prices for online used dealer and private in my area are just nuts. Not based on current market reality. this is one reason I am looking at leasing.
Quote from: "JetdocX"I think you can buy and HAVE a nice used bike for not much more than that WITHOUT monthly payments.  Look around a bit.

JetdocX

Apparently you've already made up your mind.  Enjoy your leased bike. :roll:
From parts unknown.

TallRob

there are only 4 bikes in a 300 mile perimeter all have "issues"......so circumstances made the decision for me. Issues being, very high miliage 29K plus, damage of some kind, too heavily modified due to prior damage. Price too high for what I deem necessary.
Quote from: "JetdocX"Apparently you've already made up your mind.  Enjoy your leased bike. :roll:

oxnsox

Look at the total cost of the lease Rob. It may be a better option to buy and finance... at least you have some residual value. And money is cheap right now. (If you can get it)
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
  If it ain't Farkled...  don't fix it....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

JetdocX

The narrower your focus the fewer your options.  Enjoy your leased bike. :lol:
From parts unknown.

TallRob

your very helpful :eusa_clap
Quote from: "JetdocX"The narrower your focus the fewer your options.  Enjoy your leased bike. :lol:

REGULATOR

I dont want to plunk down lots of cash on a bike that may have anew model coming out in a few years.

so your lookign at a Roadie model then?  a 1050?

Lots of Triumph dealers are makign awsome deals on these lately..

But I see 955 models on cycle trader all the time all over the country for not much.

I didnt even know you could lease a bike?

TallRob

yep there are companies that lease bikes. i was reading the fine print. may not lease. you crash your screweddddddd.......looking into loans right now so far the lowest 48 month rate ive found is usaa 6.74 %. Anyone know of any lower?

Mustang

Quote from: "TallRob"yep there are companies that lease bikes. i was reading the fine print. may not lease. you crash your screweddddddd.......looking into loans right now so far the lowest 48 month rate ive found is usaa 6.74 %. Anyone know of any lower?

http://www.triumph.co.uk/usa/10592.aspx
or a $1000 worth of extras  ........................

mnormand

Quote from: "TallRob"there are only 4 bikes in a 300 mile perimeter all have "issues"......so circumstances made the decision for me. Issues being, very high miliage 29K plus, damage of some kind, too heavily modified due to prior damage. Price too high for what I deem necessary.

I was about to buy a nice used Girly half the country away and have it shipped via uship.com then I found one much closer and still used uship.  A pleasant experience all the way around. No need to buy within your radius, and opens up your options greatly to get something nicer/farkled/etc.
2007 Yamaha FZ6
2008 Yamaha WR250R

oxnsox

Quote from: "REGULATOR"I dont want to plunk down lots of cash on a bike that may have anew model coming out in a few years.
Ahhh.. I think they call that Marketing.  At some stage you've just got to roll with it, or you're standing on the sidewalk watching everyone else roll by....
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

chilly

Back when I was living in Connecticut, I found a good deal on few year old, very low miles Tiger in FL... so I flew down on a cheap one-way ticket and rode her home.  Some risk... but nothing compared to these guys touring outer mongolia.  My avatar's actually a picture of the bike in a Motel 6 room on that first ride home.

Years before that I sold a somewhat uncommon bike (Honda Hawk NT650), and a guy flew up from DC and did the same thing (he inspired me).

It might be worth it to find a good deal/specimen when your heart's set on a specific less-common bike.
02\' Tiger with scratches and dirty spokes

oxnsox

Have bought 2 bikes that way, but the ride back was just a daytrip of 350ish. The first had a leaky clutch master cylinder, so it test drove OK, but  a few dozen changes down the line.... Stopped once to identify problem, top off cylinder and fuel then the non-stop trip home, had to make alot of free right turns going thru towns.  :lol:  :lol:
Second was the Tigger, no worries. Still have both bikes
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~