News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Quick question on fuel sender

Started by HappyMan, July 07, 2009, 01:20:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oxnsox

Shawn and HappyChap, I accept your comments about going to the Service Manager. In a bigger operation, as you describe, I would have done the same. The important thing I guess is to pitch you polite disgruntlement at the right level or as you say it goes out the door.
Like you guys I've run my own (small) service company, and I certainly want to know when folk ain't happy. One grumpy customer can spread the word like a bad smell.....
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
  If it ain't Farkled...  don't fix it....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SERadtke

Quote from: "oxnsox"I certainly want to know when folk ain't happy. One grumpy customer can spread the word like a bad smell.....

Me too!!

I've heard it takes 10 satisfied customers to offset the "damage" one unhappy customer provides.
Shawn
<((()))><

Stupid people are PROOF that evolution is a hoax!

HappyMan

Quote from: "SERadtke"
Quote from: "oxnsox"I certainly want to know when folk ain't happy. One grumpy customer can spread the word like a bad smell.....

Me too!!

I've heard it takes 10 satisfied customers to offset the "damage" one unhappy customer provides.

I'd give it more like thirty.
Life is hard.  It\'s even harder if you\'re stupid. - John Wayne

Life\'s too short......Let\'s ride! - HappyMan

http://ridedualsport.com

Bruincounselor

Quote from: "HappyMan"
Quote from: "Bruincounselor"
Quote from: "SERadtke"Where did you take it BTW?

I'd like to know too.....

Moto Primo if you didn't catch my last post.  Do you bring it to the Cities for work Bruin?  I would have suspected you'd work with Ma's.

I use Ma's or the local Honda/Yamaha dealer for major work, the service manager and one of the tech's were both Triumph mechs at one time and have done more 885i's than anyone at Ma's. Both places have been awesome to me but I am the area administrator for MSF classes so I probably get more attention than the average guy on a 10 year old bike... 8)

I have friends in the 'zities and often get asked where to take bikes for service, it seems Moto Primo has slipped since moving a few years back. It also seems like the larger stores lose the personal connections and service mistakes don't get the time to be rectified that they deserve. Your (first) issue could have easily been resolved by a tech that really cared about you - not just the hours into the job. Smaller outfits seem to pay techs hourly; while larger places pay book time for most jobs. YMMV and with some jobs it's probably to your advantage to have a tech paid book time, this depends on how generous the book is and what"alternative" methods can be used. If you want great service and can spare 3 hours to ride up come on in to Ma's, the coffee is always on and Bob makes great popcorn. If I have the day off I can show you around town or you can go for a ride on one of Bob's demo bikes.

Sorry about the rambling hijack.
Bruin\'

HappyMan

So I've checked the overflow hoses to be sure they are connected properly.  They look good but it's a bit sketchy.  I didn't take the tank off to follow them so I wasn't positive.  So, that being said...it looks like they overfilled the overflow tank.  It's over the max line when cold.  She's leaked some out of the rear tube near the center stand but now today puked a fair amount out of that hose.  The bike is running great and now that I've lost that coolant the level seems to have settled to the correct level.  So am I done or is there something wrong?  Do I need to pull the tank off to verify for sure that the hoses are connected properly?  Antifreeze spilling out near my rear tire kind of messes up my traction.... :shock: I'm leaving for a trip and time is running out.

2004Tiger

Did you blow into the tubes when you had the cowling off? The tube to the radiator neck will not accept air; the overflow tube air can be heard exiting down by your swing arm pivot.
2004 Tiger. Black is beautiful. If I don\'t ride a little every day I get a little crazy.

HappyMan

Excellent info.  Thanks!  I will check it.