News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Front brake calipers overhaul

Started by ridin gaijin, July 10, 2009, 12:36:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ridin gaijin

In particular my question is on the seals. I haven't yet disassembled it all, but it looks like there's a dust seal and then a piston seal. The manual says to discard the dust seals and get new ones, which is consistent with other bikes I've owned. It also calls for the piston seals to be replaced.

I called our Triumph dealer, about an hour away, to ask about new ones. They told me there's a kit with 2 O-rings that runs $39.00. They also referred to copper washers I'd need (for the banjo bolts I guess), 6 at $1 each.

I've not seen the kits. If there are only two rings in each, then that says to me that one would be a dust seal and one a piston seal, meaning 4 such kits would be needed!

Has anyone bought this Triumph seal kit? What's actually in it? Are these seals interchangeable with others on the market by any chance?

Thanks all,
rg
2005 Tiger in Lucifurry Orange. Always something new it seems...

KuzzinKenny

Hi, this site should give you an idea of whats, what..................

http://www.triumph-online.co.uk/tiger-9 ... 2931-p.asp

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

ridin gaijin

That is a very helpful link. Thanks KK!
2005 Tiger in Lucifurry Orange. Always something new it seems...