News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Fairing differences

Started by Nimrod11, July 14, 2009, 03:21:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nimrod11

I was just curious, why do some fairings go right down to the top of the instrument panels, while others (mine) have a panel above that? Is it a year difference?

I had thought that the '05 and newer ones had the lower screen but just saw this picture on Ebay that is an '04 and also has the low screen. Mine is an '04 and has the high panel.

The fairings are actually the same, it's just the panel behind them that is long or short.

Just curious...

Any clues?
----------
Tiger 2004

KuzzinKenny

The bottom pic is an 04 but its the last of the spoke wheel models, it also had a black frame, the first of the 05 models came out june/july 04, i got mine at the end of july 04 !! no idea why the fairings changed but as far as i know its the only difference, so you can fit either !!

hope this helps !!

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

LTB

I can think of three possible reasons to change

1: Vibration. The old one does vibrate some, at least on my -01
  that has a larger MRA windshield.

2: Dust or water on the instruments- The gap or "tunnel" between
the windshield and fairing could possibly lead some water or dust
towards the instruments and the new one would maybe lead it
further away.

3: Buffeting. Maybe the airflow would change to reduce the buffeting
around the helmet.

BR Thomas
/Thomas

Triumph Tiger 955i -01 Roulette Green

"There\'s no off position on the genious switch"

blacktiger

I've been wondering about this for years and the only thing I've come up with is that it's a country thing. All the UK ones that I've seen (a lot) have the long fairing. All the USA ones that I've seen photos of have the short fairing.
Why? I've no idea.
And, it didn't change for any year. The UK 06 models still have the long fairing.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

Nimrod11

That may make some sense. I believe mine is a German model. Speedometer is in km/h and the service manual is in German. There are also many Tigers here that are US models and the Speedometers are in mph. I saw one the other day, an 06, speedo in mph and a short fairing. I'll keep noticing...
----------
Tiger 2004

EvilBetty

I was wondering this as well.  I have an 05 with the lower fairing cut-out.
There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

TigerTrax

How about the simple fact that the Triumph windscreen is a POS and riders cut them down, put new ones on them, some are Triumph touring screens. Many are aftermarket.
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

EvilBetty

Right, but I'm wondering how the different fairing heights might affect each fairing type.  Evey one has shared their experiences with multiple stock and aftermarket screens, and modified screens.  Everyone has had different experiences with them, and most of that has been chalked up to rider height and such.   But I'm wondering if the two different fairing designs could be a factor in screen performance as well.
There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

iansoady

Mine is the very last of the spoked wheel models (VIN 198874) and has the higher version. I assume there was a bit of parts bin mixing and matching going on with the model run-out.
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650