News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

2006 Girly running rough at speed - help pls

Started by mnormand, August 10, 2009, 11:42:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mnormand

The last few rides have got me spooked now.  :shock:

Bikes starts easy, idles fine, then when moving thru through the gears I'll get an occasional stutter,  and when leveling out at 50-60mph and holding steady, it will stutter a number of times. These stutters are very short  brrrrrrr..br..br...brrrrrrrrrr.......then go away, kinda intermittent. I topped off the tank from 1/2 full on that ride, same thing. Not sure if fuel issue or something else.  

Dealer is 4hrs away and last resort at present. This week I hope to start with easy stuff like plugs, air filter, etc, then go from there. Not much experience, but with good tutorials on this site, I plan to go slow and learn, maybe the stutter will get cured along the way.

Would a code reader like ODBCOM spit out a code if no fault light is present on speedo?  I'm considering a code reader, and the new Morgan Carbtune.

I'm weighing this against hauling to dealer (British USA-Houston) for 12k maint, PO didn't do anything, bike is at 15k now:

Plugs, coolant flush, valve check, throttle balance, air filter.  What are we talking here for a standard 12k service interval...$600? more?..less?   I really have no idea..do they use book prices like cars do?

Thx!
2007 Yamaha FZ6
2008 Yamaha WR250R

KuzzinKenny

Hey mnormand !! just incase you don`t have the service intervals......

http://www.triumph.co.uk/uk/2055.aspx

its handy to have !!

as for the stttttuuuuuttter !! yer Tigger might need a download !!

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

mnormand

Bailed out and brought to dealer this morning. They did the 12k service, and said the stalling was caused by the throttle position sensor. Everything reset and adjusted, serviced, and I'll go pick it up next week.  :D

I added barback risers a few weeks back and wonder if maybe I stretched the cables slightly?  I removed the risers for the service, and now hesitating to re-install later.  

No idea how a TPS works, so..... :?:
2007 Yamaha FZ6
2008 Yamaha WR250R

Stretch

No repair or replacement?  Just a reset and service?

mnormand

Stretch I don't have the final invoice/details yet, so somewhat unknown on TPS at present.  I'm just glad all is well and service is done. It was worth it to me to bring it in to solve all issues.
2007 Yamaha FZ6
2008 Yamaha WR250R

mnormand

Thought I would post up now that bike is back home.  It runs excellent and very strong.    :shock:  :D  Responds immediately to twist.  Can't hardly keep off the throttle!  Resistance is futile.

Serv mgr told me they reset the TPS, and along with balancing the throttle bodies, its like a new bike.  More difficult (to me) issues like these plus headstock bearing adj/lube, coolant flush, valve check (in spec), and I'm very glad I let them do it. Cost was not bad considering, and I'm riding after 1 week.
2007 Yamaha FZ6
2008 Yamaha WR250R