News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Hot Start Problem

Started by SCGhost, August 18, 2009, 03:11:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SCGhost

Have a 2001 Tiger with new battery. Seems to be putting out good voltage around 14V.  Cold start takes 3 to 4 short tries, then runs good. Idles fine, runs fine ;however, after riding for hour or so, when you turn it off with the key, it will turn over, but doesn't want to fire.  The temp gauge never runs hot, but seems to be working.If you just let it idle the temp gauge will go up some, fan cuts on, etc.... I have to wait until the bike sits for 20 to 30 min before it will start again.  :(  When I get home, I put it back on the batt tender, and it reads fully charged.  Any ideas?  It has 23000 miles, and getting ready to get the service.

german

May be you have a charging problem, normally in idle you can reach 13.8DCV but as soon as you accelerating at 3-4k rpms the voltage drops less 12dcv, it means that the batt starts to be consumed.
the RR is able to keep stable the voltage 13.5DCV not mattering the RPM´s.
start problems appears when the batt is low.

Check the RR output, stator phases and connectios
Tiger 05´, Tiger 09´ ABS, CB550 76´

SCGhost

Quote from: "german"May be you have a charging problem, normally in idle you can reach 13.8DCV but as soon as you accelerating at 3-4k rpms the voltage drops less 12dcv, it means that the batt starts to be consumed.
the RR is able to keep stable the voltage 13.5DCV not mattering the RPM´s.
start problems appears when the batt is low.

Check the RR output, stator phases and connectios

Thanks, I will!

SCGhost

New Sprag Clutch did the trick, it was apparently slipping when the engine was warm.