News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Help floating discs

Started by slowmo, August 21, 2009, 09:05:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slowmo

Got a steamer with daytona wheels and l would like to know how much "floating" is acceptable.It has circlips on the bobbins.
My last bike had a twin leading drum so l'm a bit behind the times.Haynes has not been much help,so any info' will be gratefully recieved.
Cheers

blacktiger

I don't know if there's a legal limit sort of thing but I had a BMW some years ago and the disc rattled so much on the bobbins that it was very embarassing when riding over cobbled streets because everyone looked round to see what the racket was. Always passed the MOT.
I suppose the answer to your question is :- quite a bit.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

slowmo

Just gone through an MOT with no problems.
  :D

flaco

Don't mean to be picky, but isn't Bath in Somerset?
kernow bys vyken

slowmo

It might be B&NES.
But it's the nearest city

Nick Calne

Yeah, It is B&NES...

So Slomo, do you commute in?  Now you are ready to go with a fresh MOT..can we expect to see you coming down the A4 into Bath on the steamer in the mornings?
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

slowmo

running through sally in the woods at the mo to get to a girls school in bath for a bit.

blacktiger

Quote from: "slowmo"running through sally in the woods at the mo to get to a girls school in bath for a bit.

A bit of what? :oops:
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

Nick Calne

Oooohhh  Aaaarrh think West Country!!...say it like a yokel and you'll understand that Sally in the Woods is a place.

:Topes
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

slowmo

An the "bit" is a short length of time.
But it's all over now.
See me next brushing the fast lane of the M4 up by swindon.
Sorry about the 50mph limit.
 :twisted: