News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Cats & Mice

Started by MikeFromMT, September 03, 2009, 01:26:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeFromMT

So I noticed that my right rear turn signal was not working on my Tiger, simple enough I'll just replace the bulb thought I, when I got the bulb out it looked fine, I tested it with a meter, yep it's good.
Next I checked the socket, nothing, damn I hate wiring problems.
Off came the seat and it was then that I saw some grass clippings protruding from under the rear cowling, I poked my finger beneath the cowling and thought "man, what the...? It felt like it was full of grass under there.
Off came the cowling... I think I found the source of the problem.

Three handfuls later I found this.

A couple of cuts and a splice and I'm back in business.

I hate mieces to pieces.
Do I look like a man with a plan?

Stretch

Mothballs.

Be gentle with the moths.

Sin_Tiger

I hate cats & mice. Little buggers decided to eat through my leather gear lever gaiter and having enjoyed that so much they were in and started devouring my leather seats on the Rangie  :evil:

Never seen that on a bike before.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

EvilBetty

Speaking of turn signals.  Where are those wires supposed to tuck up into or tie up to?  Mine are always hanging down around my horn sticking out the bottom of the fairing.
There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

John Stenhouse

I saw a similar problem on a friends GPZ1100, the mice had made a home in the airbox, he wondered what the buzzy rattling was, turned out to be nut shells that the mice had eaten and left in the air intake.  :lol:
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

MikeFromMT

Quote from: "John Stenhouse"I saw a similar problem on a friends GPZ1100, the mice had made a home in the airbox, he wondered what the buzzy rattling was, turned out to be nut shells that the mice had eaten and left in the air intake.  :lol:

I found the exact same thing on my Honda 250, but I wasn't too surprised since I haven't ridden it since moving to IA over a year ago.
Funny thing is, I ride my Tiger almost every day so it's not like it sits there for weeks at a time, with all the other crap stored in my shop you'd think they could find a less mobile spot for their nest.
Do I look like a man with a plan?

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "MikeFromMT"you'd think they could find a less mobile spot for their nest.

Maybe they like where you shop  :lol:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

coachgeo

oh thats pretty easy to understand.  The dude was a biker.

When you rode he used his teeth and held on with with all his mite on that wire.

You really missed it though.  Watching his eyes blink when you hit the turn signal........
COACH POSER (Till Tribota Tiger's done & I'm riding it)