News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Crikey Chaps!

Started by eeyore, September 18, 2009, 11:59:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eeyore

Just thought I'd drop a line and say hello. I'm new to this Triumph ownership mullarkey and am now the proud owner of an '04 Tiger. It goes like stink, looks orangey and I'm looking forward to giving it a damn good thrashing. Having owned various motorcycles over the years I  must say this one's a beaut. and very refined/smooth/powerful. I look forward to engaging in the intercontinental banter and learning more about how to look after the Tiger myself.
The Road to Oxiana does not star Bob Hope or Bing Crosby

Nick Calne

Welcome to a wider world of tiger based puns, learning more about mechanics than you thought possible and riding the best bike ever.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

TigerTrax

eeyore..........................

my buddy has a gray parrot with that name! Foul mouthed!

Welcome aboard...
The perceived short comings on the Tiger are:
Brakes - Suspension - Seat - Windscreen - Alternater - Engine Guards

Brakes & suspension are a matter of personal decision.

Seat is a common beef.

Windscreen a common beef.

Alternater .... only after you want to add:
Heated Grips - Aux Lights - Heated Clothing: Then you'll understand.

Engine Guards: Get Some!
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

aeronca

Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

eeyore

Quote from: "TigerTrax"eeyore..........................

my buddy has a gray parrot with that name! Foul mouthed!

Welcome aboard...
The perceived short comings on the Tiger are:
Brakes - Suspension - Seat - Windscreen - Alternater - Engine Guards

Brakes & suspension are a matter of personal decision.

Seat is a common beef.

Alternater .... only after you want to add:

Engine Guards: Get Some!

Well that leads naturally to my first Tiger focused question: Should I swap it for a Honda? :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Sin_Tiger

Want to swap it for my Varadero  :lol:

Welcome aboard...
The perceived short comings on the Varadero are:
Brakes - Suspension - Seat - Windscreen - Alternator - Engine Guards

Linked brakes are a matter of personal decision.

Suspension is a common beef, unajustbale front end on a modern bike of this weight, rear shock wears out faster than a bar of expensive soap.

Seat is a common beef.

Fuel pump is a common beef.

Alternator and regulator only after you want to add:

Engine Guards: Get Some, the Vara can weigh 300 kg with a full tank before you start loading it up!

You pays your money etc. having a foot in both camps I would rather listen to and ride that nice torquey, vibe free T3 but as needs must right now and the Vara is not a bad bike all things considered, just b@@dly top heavy  :shock:

Look out boys, we have somone here who is well read  :lol: Byron on a bike forum, you've lost me mate :wink:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

eeyore

Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"Look out boys, we have somone here who is well read  :lol: Byron on a bike forum, you've lost me mate :wink:

Yes, I enjoy a good read and 'Oxiana' is one of the best. Thanks for all the encouragement so far, guys. I gave the bike a nice run out yesterday in the British summer (aka September 19th!) on a mixture of narrow back roads (past the peat bogs of north Shropshire) and superb two lane A-roads. A guy in an XK8 thought he'd have a go, but , alas, he just couldn't cut it with the mighty tiger: a duel of Brit machinery and the motorcycle won! OK, I'm dreaming a little ('cos the other cars got in his way) but you get the drift.

HockleyBoy

05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

Advwannabe

Welcome and good luck with your Tigger.

The 'Dero is not a bad thing if you are just planning on using it as a touring bike, very comfy once you have it sorted.

Fair bit heavier than the Tiger, which is no light weight itself

Anyway once you've felt and heard that triple it's game over  :wink:
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "Advwannabe"Anyway once you've felt and heard that triple it's game over  :wink:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Stretch

Quote from: "Advwannabe"...once you've felt and heard that triple it's game over  :wink:

eeyore

does this forum always reduce to the lowest common denominator? :shock:

Mustang

Quote from: "eeyore"does this forum always reduce to the lowest common denominator? :shock:

:?:  :?:  :?:  :?:  :?:  :?:  :5huh

Nick Calne

Lowest common denominator???  no no no.  I think it's fairer to say we tiger owners are a rare and exclusive breed and as such aim for an uncommonly low denominator.  

Perhaps I might add that the Girly in Stretch's post has a triumphant triple. :lol:
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

oxnsox

I thought the denominator was a Norton????
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
  If it ain't Farkled...  don't fix it....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~