News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Carb weirdness identification

Started by 97tiger885, September 25, 2009, 01:13:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

97tiger885

Riding in dusty situations, I have noticed that the throttle is "sticking" between 3000 and 4000 rpms.  Pulling in the clutch and rolling off the throttle results in the rpms hanging for a few seconds if I am between 3000 and  4000 rpms.  It then  slowly returns to idle.  If I am running at 5000 rpms, it returns to idle normally.   After I return to pavement, the problem goes away in time.   It might take 2 miles; it might take 50 miles.  This seems to depend on the amount of dust.  More dust, more time.   I am managing the situation by rolling off the throttle and delaying pulling in the clutch for a few seconds.  Any ideas what is going on here?

Mustang

1 )when were the valve clearances last checked

2) Look for an air leak around the air box if you just did service on the filter .

3) when was the last time the carb sync was checked

4)  have you verified that the linkage on all three carbs  isn't hanging on 1 or more carbs

5) the fuel pipe is a pretty close fit to the carb linkage and I have had that cause the exact same problem you describe cuz it was rubbing on the linkage

6) could it be time for a new throttle cable , look for a break in the plastic housing where it comes out of the twist grip  , been there done that  on Mrs. M's 95 , was the same symptoms you describe