News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

A few small issues

Started by JasonS, October 02, 2009, 05:40:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonS

the tiem has come to rip into the bike a bit. I haven;t had it apart for uhm.. jeez since April and that was 11,000 miles ago... lol..

I have a short in the circuit that feeds the heated grips and the Access socket. I installed the heated grips, so I assume the the short is in that loop.

I have an odd rear brake light issue. When I hit the brakes, the left bulb lights up fine, but the right bulb only illuminates part way, like it isn't getting the proper voltage. the running lights and indicator lights work normally.

I have a head light bulb out so I will be digging into the cockpit area anyway, and I am going in for throttle body balance and Inspection on Tuesday... and a rear tire..

..any thoughts or advice are welcome

oh.. 2006 Tiger 955i .. 17k miles

thanks

Jason
\'tweachisown

Photo Journal of my 2009 Texas Trip Being Written Here
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=4 ... 48daf95d7c

Medic09

My only immediate and simple thought is take that tail bulb that isn't lighting well and switch it out for a fresh one.  Might be that simple.  I always start with the simplest rational possibility I can find first.  Bulbs fail, and sometimes only partially.  Costs very little to try that first.

Good luck with the repairs!
Mordechai Y. Scher

\'07 aprilia CapoNord
\'75 Trident T160
\'78 Honda CB 750Four

Sin_Tiger

The contacts on the lamp and mounting do 'tarnish', clean up with a fibre glass contact cleaning brush then a light smear of electro grease or vaseline usually does the job, assuming your wiring connections are OK.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint