News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

I could not help myself!! Photos.

Started by ramseybella, October 03, 2009, 03:35:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ramseybella

Me again!!
Well I just could not stay away from buying a Tiger a 1998 32.000 and change miles, picked it up for $2,000, the guy wanted $2,500.
Needs a seat or a recover motor runs strong and smooth no oil no smoke hoses look clean, new tires chain and sprokets are good, most likely will dump another $700.00 to $800.00 in to it to get it looking Sweet, sombody repainted it forest green not a great job but not bad. I will send Photos when I bring it home in the PM!!
And I know what the Rocking Horse shock thing feels like now.

Any place in the U.S. selling after market wind screens and stuff I would need?

Sin_Tiger

Hi, I know it's just a difficult bike to resist, it just talks to you :shock:  Nice honest looking bike. Not a standard colour but hey what else do we leave standard apart from the motor  :lol:

Interesting speed rack, never seen that on a Steamer before, see you got the original rack too, lucky.

That screen is the Powerbronze flip which is already way better than the standard one for me bottom of the page unless you are tall.

Now I see why you want decals, see other post later.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

ramseybella

Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"Hi, I know it's just a difficult bike to resist, it just talks to you :shock:  Nice honest looking bike. Not a standard colour but hey what else do we leave standard apart from the motor  :lol:

Interesting speed rack, never seen that on a Steamer before, see you got the original rack too, lucky.

That screen is the Powerbronze flip which is already way better than the standard one for me bottom of the page unless you are tall.

Now I see why you want decals, see other post later.

Thanks for the reply!!
I am thinking hard about anoter color, this is not my color but it was my price range!!
 First things first making sure it is in tip top runnong congition, looking good broke down is not cool!! :D

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "ramseybella"looking good broke down is not cool!! :D

Absolutely!

There are a few around with other than standard colours, orange, sand, white and silver, have a search around this forum and the Tiger picture thread on the ADV forum so searching around will get you some idea by seeing other offerings without resorting to photoshop.

My own is a metallic silver but I'm going back to the original Blue, mainly because I like Blue as you can tell  :wink: There was a guy selling a metallic white one that looks pretty good and there is another recent joiner in the US who just bought a commando green one for want of a better description.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Nick Calne

It looks in pretty condition, a new seat and it's going be great.  One question - what's the red strap thing by the gear change?
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

NeilD

ah I see its got the Ventura luggage rack on it, wasnt sure if they did them for the earlier bikes.. thats what I want for mine eventually as I can then use the bags from my TBS..  looks like a decent bike..  8)

ramseybella

Quote from: "nickcalne"It looks in pretty condition, a new seat and it's going be great.  One question - what's the red strap thing by the gear change?
Atempted on a seat cover job the first time I ever did one and it looks better than the one I took off I am no pro at it, next time I will start on the horn and work my way back!! Looks like a dead Seal. :(

Lubed the chain was bone dry I don't think the guy lubed it :roll:

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "ramseybella"Looks like a dead Seal. :(

:ImaPoser  :ImaPoser

I also wondered about the red "strap" thing, he obviously didn't use it for mounting a Scotoiler then  :roll:

c-rad

If it's any help, when I recovered the seat on my Steamer I realized that it would have been impossible to do it without help from a buddy.  Even with said help there were some strange gymnastics involved, and it didn't look like it would come together until the very end.

C-Rad[/img]

93TigerBill

RamseyBella,
Noticed the lower 'bars as well.
These may have clearance issues on full lock, and also, as there's no bar-end weights, there may be a bit of unusual vibrations through the bars - and a false indication of the motor condition.
Also noticed that the hydraulic brake hoses look like they're replacement 'braided' lines - and that's a good thing!

Good pick-up, interested to see what colour you settle on..
Bill  IBA# 45911
Newcastle, Australia
\'93 Tiger Caspian Blue
130,000 km & counting!

ramseybella

Quote from: "93TigerBill"RamseyBella,
Noticed the lower 'bars as well.
These may have clearance issues on full lock, and also, as there's no bar-end weights, there may be a bit of unusual vibrations through the bars - and a false indication of the motor condition.
Also noticed that the hydraulic brake hoses look like they're replacement 'braided' lines - and that's a good thing!

Good pick-up, interested to see what colour you settle on..
The bars are smaller but they feel tighter and feel great no clearance issue, as far as the bar end weights I am planing on getting some as I move along, but nothing seems to be giving any indication of bad things to come (so far)!
As far as color something in the Olive drab comes to mind two tone black or UPS brown? These early Tigers just scream brawny Utility military look! I am digging NoShock's Ride>>

coachgeo

I agree they have a miltaryish appeal to them.  I want to go something NOTICABLE to catch cagers eys though.  hmmm  Maybe Military Snow Camo lol with the white, grey other light shade splotches lol.
COACH POSER (Till Tribota Tiger's done & I'm riding it)

coachgeo

BTW you still have not answered the couple of folk who have asked what that red metal strap is on your bike.  Course it's new to you so you might not know why it was added but......  get us some pics and maybe we can figure it out

ps- see now this is photobuckt images.  Odds are that means couple months or or so from now when someone digs this up and wants to see what all the talk about is on this red strap... will be lost... cause the pics will probably be gone and this thread turned useless for info.  Consider uploading images to tech boards that have that choice.  Makes the archives tons and tons more valuable to future readers.  You can upload images to here.
COACH POSER (Till Tribota Tiger's done & I'm riding it)

ramseybella

Quote from: "coachgeo"BTW you still have not answered the couple of folk who have asked what that red metal strap is on your bike.  Course it's new to you so you might not know why it was added but......  get us some pics and maybe we can figure it out

ps- see now this is photobuckt images.  Odds are that means couple months or or so from now when someone digs this up and wants to see what all the talk about is on this red strap... will be lost... cause the pics will probably be gone and this thread turned useless for info.  Consider uploading images to tech boards that have that choice.  Makes the archives tons and tons more valuable to future readers.  You can upload images to here.

I don't know what it is, hope it's not holding the frame together Lol!! :lol:
But I need to look at my rear break light problem I will take a closer look at the red metal piece.

Any body have photos of a concern of mine, the alternator bolt issue that I don't think I have at the moment?

ramseybella

Quote from: "ramseybella"
Quote from: "coachgeo"BTW you still have not answered the couple of folk who have asked what that red metal strap is on your bike.  Course it's new to you so you might not know why it was added but......  get us some pics and maybe we can figure it out

I don't know what it is, hope it's not holding the frame together Lol!! :lol:
But I need to look at my rear break light problem I will take a closer look at the red metal piece.

Any body have photos of a concern of mine, the alternator bolt issue that I don't think I have at the moment?

Well it has been over a week now and after replacing the battery and lubing and tighting the chain recovering the seat and taking it out to 105mph on an expired Tag (STUPID I KNOW).  
Ordered oil filter will be taking the tank off next week to check air filter and wires hopefully getting ready for a paint job if it does not get to cold. I can see this is going to be a love project, nothing seems to be leaking and it runs smooth and strong.  
My main concern is brake pads look a little on the thin side, I need to take the calipers off and inspect the pads. Change the oil when the filter arrives.  
And no I don't know what the red bar is it is bolted to the frame and I see no purpose for it?  

Any help will be a help for me as my last bike was a 1981 Honda 1100 Gold wing and my last ride until now about 19 years ago sold it with 175,000 on it!! But how fast it all comes back to you!! I am starting to dig that triple torque. :roll: