News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

The Good, The Bad and The Seriously Ugly

Started by Sin_Tiger, October 18, 2009, 01:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aeronca

not sure what a pressie is, but not to frett rf9rider, your's was made with love :love10                                :lol:
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Mudhen

I feel left out...haven't received any presents from A...what the heck is everyone buying from you?  Can I send you some money?
\'96 Steamer

aeronca

yes, you can send me as much money as you like :lol: . just kidding, i made some high fender brackets for some of the guy's on the site.
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "aeronca"not sure what a pressie is, but not to frett rf9rider, your's was made with love :love10                                :lol:

Now I'm jealous  :lol:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

rf9rider

Quote from: "aeronca"not sure what a pressie is, but not to frett rf9rider, your's was made with love :love10                                :lol:

Pressie = present/gift.

And now i feel special.................. :oops:

aeronca

hey sin, did you have your rims done in clear, or another color?
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

NeilD

Quote from: "aeronca"hey sin, did you have your rims done in clear, or another color?

and what condition were they in beforehand??

Sin_Tiger

Not too bad, a few light scrapes, dull, stained etc. They were sent for buffing to repair as many faults as possible before going to the anodiser, these are the origianl DID rims.

I asked them to do it as close to original as they could, they came out a neutral silver looking good  :D  Another set of wheels that went to the same place came back in a deep bronze that looked very nice, hmmmm
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Sin_Tiger

Well things are starting to move again, my poor overworked mechanic is managing to find some time between fixing sick GS's  :roll:

The front end is back together with longer HEL brake lines to suit the Hot Bars, original lines were fine but more like guitar strings.

The head has gone to get the seats cut for the new valves.

The refurbished shock link is on.

The swing arm has had to go back to the anodisers as he fluffed the finish, it turned out completely mat  :icon_scratch

I have some dyna beads at the ready, the batch I fitted to the Varadero are working a treat Mustang, 200 kph of absolute smoothness.

The plastics have been returned from the paiters after clear coat, I'm told they look great, still wrapped up and I have not dared to open them in case I get too excited.

I spotted something I had missed on previous inspection, the one coil I looked at was definately a PVL but on closer inspection the other two are different and even different from each other  :x looks like I am going to have to fork out for a set of Nologies after all.

BruKen

Looking good Sin. I have yet to do the wheels on mine. BTW where do you get your Nologies from?

Mustang

the boys on the triumph Trophy yahoo group get there coils from Motbins is a UK BMW dealer
they are PVL's which are the same as Nologys but a lot less money ..........I'll see if I can find a link

http://www.motobins.co.uk/displayfinal.php?q=pvl+coils&go=GO

these are the dual outlet ones for 1200 trophys and obviously BMW's
I bet if you contact them they could hook you up with the single outlet ones the tiger needs

BruKen

Thank you once again Mustang :)

NeilD

or Sprint do them... they've actually got cheaper since I bought a set for the other bike..  :roll:

Sin_Tiger

Thanks guys, I'll check that out.

rf9rider

Or you could try a set of the "stick" coils off the TT600, a lot cheaper secondhand.

Have a set on mine.  :)