News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

question about UK road markings????

Started by aeronca, October 24, 2009, 02:26:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aeronca

as i was re-watching the 2009 isle of man for the millionth time, i was wondering what the zig-zag line's in the middle of the road's were.
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

John Stenhouse

Probably the lead up to a pedestrian crossing, no parking, stopping or waiting on the zig zags, and no filtering.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Bixxer Bob

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

blacktiger

Quote from: "John Stenhouse"Probably the lead up to a pedestrian crossing, no parking, stopping or waiting on the zig zags, and no filtering.

Not strictly right. You are allowed to filter but you're not allowed to overtake the lead car before the crossing. You just pull alongside and when he pulls away you do him on the other side.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

aeronca

Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

John Stenhouse

Quote from: "blacktiger"
Quote from: "John Stenhouse"Probably the lead up to a pedestrian crossing, no parking, stopping or waiting on the zig zags, and no filtering.

Not strictly right. You are allowed to filter but you're not allowed to overtake the lead car before the crossing. You just pull alongside and when he pulls away you do him on the other side.

Not correct either since you aren't allowed to overtake on the zig zags!
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

aeronca

please excuse my ignorance, but what is filtering?
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

EvilBetty

There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

aeronca

Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!