News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

My sincerest apologies!

Started by SERadtke, October 28, 2009, 12:39:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SERadtke

OK guys, I gotta admit... whenever I read about how top heavy the Tiger is and how hard it is to right back up I'd think, "It is a little top heavy but what are these pansies talking about?!" Quick trip to the store today, as I was leaving I started the Tiger, flipped up the stand, put on one glove and managed to drop the other on the ground. Instead of setting it back on the stand and getting off, I decided to "save time" and leaned over to the right. Just as I nabbed my glove, my baby started slipping to the left. I tried to catch her but to no avail. It's weird how slow things like this seem to happen! Bent the clutch lever and my new shifter.....ugh! And I'm a little sore from righting it. MAN IS THAT BIKE TOP HEAVY!!!! Took me three times to get it up. Then I had to ride home in second gear as the shifter wouldn't move downward. Oh well, nothing seriously injured but my pride. I thought you guys might enjoy the story and my new-found humility! :D
Shawn
<((()))><

Stupid people are PROOF that evolution is a hoax!

JetdocX

I dropped mine at a traffic light with about ten cars behind me just as the light turned green.  The key here is get it up quickly before the adrenaline wears off.
From parts unknown.

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "JetdocX"I dropped mine at a traffic light with about ten cars behind me just as the light turned green.  The key here is get it up quickly before the adrenaline wears off.
:iagree

A wiser person than me said "Experience is the thing you get just after you really needed it"
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

JetdocX

And it took a few trips back to the chiropractor to straighten that misfortune out, I should add.
From parts unknown.

Sin_Tiger

Ditto. My local Chiro, an American chap and a biker too, asked me what had happened. When I told him I did it picking up my bike, he asked what bike. I said Varadero, he stopped and said "OK, then we'd better do this while you are lying down"  :lol:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

SERadtke

Quote from: "JetdocX"The key here is get it up quickly before the adrenaline wears off.

The third time I tried to get it up would have been the end of my adrenaline! I don't know what I would have done after that. I suppose I would have REALLY had to tuck my tail in and asked someone for some help. :(
Shawn
<((()))><

KuzzinKenny

I`ve done it in stereo  :shock:  its been down on the left and down on the right !! not on the same day tho !! this might come in handy...........

http://www.videojug.com/webvideo/how-to ... motorcycle

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

HappyMan

Quote from: "KuzzinKenny"I`ve done it in stereo  :shock:  its been down on the left and down on the right !! not on the same day tho !! this might come in handy...........

http://www.videojug.com/webvideo/how-to ... motorcycle

KK

That works everytime.....except when you can't get traction to your feet.  Then you need help.....

Sorry about the fall Sean.  Did you catch any fish this weekend?  It sure was a great weekend for riding!
Life is hard.  It\'s even harder if you\'re stupid. - John Wayne

Life\'s too short......Let\'s ride! - HappyMan

http://ridedualsport.com

SERadtke

No fish...we ended up not going over to Alec. We hung around the cabin and read,relaxed, whatever. Glad you had a good weekend....we had rain all day Sunday.
Shawn
<((()))><

EvilBetty

This is the way I've always done it.  Same video I learned from.

Had to pick the beast twice.  Once in gravel, and once on an incline in the drive way.  She popped right up using this method.

Same video... YouTube location.

I've almost dropped her 3 times now trying to pickup that glove you had to take back off to find the keys / garage remote.  Each time I've felt just enough of gravity to make me drop the kick stand before my attempt :D
There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

Nick Calne

I am still walking like I John Wayne after saving the bike from a fall last month.  What is it about them that makes 'em so top heavy?  I would have thought someone had hidden an anvil in my top box!
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Bixxer Bob

It's gotta be the fuel and tank.  If you move her around with the tank off, she carrys her weight low and is stable....
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

SERadtke

That makes sense, my tank was completely full.
Shawn
<((()))><

TigerTrax

CArry a tie-down strap....
Hook it down low....

Back into the bike....

pull strap over INSIDE shoulder...

squat down about 1/2 way ....

take up slack in strap....

stand up ....

A lot easier than what  they are doing...
because you doin't squat down so far..

Works on a Gold Wing!
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

JetdocX

I've ridden a lot of Moab with NB.  He's good people.  And he's selling his F650.  Getting out of motorcycling.  Too bad. :cry:

Anyone looking to get a REALLY nice F650 BMW, contact him.  He did it right. :D
From parts unknown.