News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

TT Clip

Started by Bixxer Bob, November 24, 2009, 11:34:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bixxer Bob

Only of passing interest to most, but I said a while ago I'd post a clip from my first visit to the TT in 2006.

Now I've worked out how to upload to You Tube and embed here, here it is.

It shows graphically that I love life more than being fast.  The fastest point is just after the start, going up hill after the tramlines.  It's a real horsepower / torque hill where I touched 145 mph before backing off, but it's over in a couple of seconds.  You'll also hear where I backed off a couple of times to let faster guys through.  Near the end, where the limit is 60mph, I risk a short burst to pass a garbage truck, only to see a policeman in the distance at the next bend.  He was interviewing a guy who passed me earlier.  They don't mind what you do in the no-limit areas, but are draconian if you break the limit in restricted areas (which is fair enough).

Was still fun though....

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

NeilD

looks like you had a decent run there..  8)  
camera set-up looks good - nice clear picture and the sound isnt drowned out by wind noise..

Bixxer Bob

Only my 2nd ever lap shot at about 7.30 am - following laps were slower or had more traffic, and the more you do the more you scare yourself.

It was videoed from my Blackbird; I have an external lense unit that plugs into the composite (yellow) socket of my video camera.  That is mounted using a couple of self-adhesive zip tie cable mounts under the nose tip of the fairing (so no speedo view).  I've tried a couple of vids in the past when I recorded my friend's wife's first ever ride on her bike without her knowing, then gave her the DVD for her birthday. I worked out that the best place for the mike is under the seat behind the engine.  That way you get mechanical and exhaust noise without a lot of wind noise.

Since I did this in 2006, they Isle of Man authorities decided, for safety, they would make the whole unrestricted speed limit mountain section - about 12 miles - one-way so that you can use the whole width of the road.  That way faster guys aren't taking risks with oncoming traffic to get past the slower ones.

There's been a lot of talk of introducing a speed limit, but islanders realise that without the chance to hav a bit of fun, most wouldn't come to see the racing and the Island makes most of it's income for the whole year from those two weeks.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

NeilD

I've only been to 'The Island' once, for the Manx GP and really enjoyed it.. its an interesting place in its own right apart from the racing.. I remember winding the Guzzi up to 'the ton' at one point thinking I was doing well, till I considered that the racers would be doing nearly double that..  :shock:  :)