News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Socket power draw?

Started by outrunner, November 30, 2009, 06:47:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

outrunner

Does anyone know the maximum Amps you can draw through the auxiliary power socket as fitted to my 06 Tiger?

Andy.
Every day above ground is a good day!

Mustang

the limiting factor would be the size of the fuse in the fuse box .
check whats there from the factory .
the largest fuse listed on bike bandit for the 06 fuse box is 40 amp ,but again check the fuse box for whats there and that will be the limit of amps you can draw thru the auxillary socket .

oxnsox

Outrunner
On my 05 the Accessory socket shares it's fuse with with the Speedo and Clock.

This would not be a 40amp fuse . Mustang is probably referring to the MAIN fuse for the bike.

The actual Fuse rating is probably written on the inside of the Fuse box lid for your 06. Check there to see if there is one labeled Accessories.
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
  If it ain't Farkled...  don't fix it....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mustang

Quote from: "oxnsox"Outrunner

The actual Fuse rating is probably written on the inside of the Fuse box lid for your 06. Check there to see if there is one labeled Accessories.
that is what I was trying to say

you are probably going to find that the acc. outlet is more like 10 amps
which is a lot of current actually